Author Topic: Donald Trump: Mitch McConnell Should Have Threatened McCain, Murkowski, Collins Chair Positions  (Read 1175 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Charlie Spiering11 Aug 2017

President Donald Trump believes that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell did not do everything possible to pass an Obamacare replacement bill.

When reporters asked Trump why he continued to batter McConnell despite support for the Senate Majority Leader from his Republican colleagues, he replied shortly, “Don’t make anything of it, we should have health care approved.”

He hinted that McConnell should have threatened to remove Sen. John McCain, Sen. Lisa Murkowski, or Sen. Susan Collins from their chair positions in the Senate to force them to vote for the health care bill.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/11/donald-trump-mitch-mcconnell-should-have-threatened-mccain-murkowski-collins-chair-positions/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Mitch won't do that to two of his most loyal allies.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mitch should do more than threaten.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It wouldn't have worked and its kind of sad and pathetic that Trump's only option in all matters is to threaten.

Offline Suppressed

It's rather sickening that government positions are used as bargaining chips, not to put the best people in there.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kevindavis007

It wouldn't have worked and its kind of sad and pathetic that Trump's only option in all matters is to threaten.

That is all he knows.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Trump will probably be criticized for the rhetoric but these kinds of threats are probably nothing new in the Senate.

But, no, McConnell won't make them because he doesn't care.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This thread is more evidence that "Conservatives" just want a dictatorship.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This thread is more evidence that "Conservatives" just want a dictatorship.

Yeah! How dare anyone suggest Mitch should actually use the power of the office he holds to get things done!  Sacrilege!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yeah! How dare anyone suggest Mitch should actually use the power of the office he holds to get things done!  Sacrilege!

Only 3 exclamation points. Proud of you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

Patronage...The NY liberal way!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Patronage...The NY liberal way!

Harry Reid didn't seem to have much problem with getting his party members to toe the line!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

@txradioguy

Trump is the "threatener-in-chief".

Offline dfwgator

And replace them with whom?

It's not as if there's anyone better in the GOP.

HonestJohn

I guess Trump should have run for the Senate... since he knows the best ways to run it.

It's not too late for him to resign and file to run in a Senate race for 2018.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:33:33 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Where do they think the phrase 'arm twisting' came from?  It's been a valuable tactic in Senate leaders for years and it doesn't have to get physical.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It's what you have party whips for.

Use 'em.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline dfwgator

It's what you have party whips for.

Use 'em.

We have a Party "Comfy Chair"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Trump is the "threatener-in-chief".

@Victoria33

And the sad thing is no one takes his threats seriously.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

HonestJohn

@Victoria33

And the sad thing is no one takes his threats seriously.

I did say, during the 2016 election campaign, that he was the 'boy who cried wolf'.

Where his hyperbole would desensitize people.

Once more... I'm right.  Too bad our Americain Idioths couldn't pull their collective heads out of their collective arses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Dcjdl-M6Y

Offline bilo

It is surprising to me that so many posters here don't see why the Rats achieve their goals and the Pubs come up short.

The Rats will exercise tough party discipline on key issues. If they need the votes everybody better vote for whatever it is they want, or their career in and out of office is done. They get tax increases through, they fund abortion, they grow govt.

The Pubs can't stop them even when they are the majority because the pubs play "nice" while the Rats are fighting for life or death.

The Pub party has no discipline. There are no consequences for breaking key campaign promises. Pres. Trump is right and people don't like it that he's naming names and placing blame. I just wish he would take the next step and stop endorsing establishment candidates.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It is surprising to me that so many posters here don't see why the Rats achieve their goals and the Pubs come up short.

The Rats will exercise tough party discipline on key issues. If they need the votes everybody better vote for whatever it is they want, or their career in and out of office is done. They get tax increases through, they fund abortion, they grow govt.

The Pubs can't stop them even when they are the majority because the pubs play "nice" while the Rats are fighting for life or death.

The Pub party has no discipline. There are no consequences for breaking key campaign promises. Pres. Trump is right and people don't like it that he's naming names and placing blame. I just wish he would take the next step and stop endorsing establishment candidates.

IMHO I think we're making a false assumption that the current GOP leadership in DC actually wants a different agenda than their Rat counterparts.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I believe that if McConnell couldn't count on McCain, Murkowski, or Collins...he could count on Cornyn, Cochran, or Graham.  This is all theater.

Offline bilo

IMHO I think we're making a false assumption that the current GOP leadership in DC actually wants a different agenda than their Rat counterparts.

I think more and more that it's not just some Pubs, but a lot of Pubs who don't have a core set of beliefs.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home