Author Topic: The Simulator Training Marines for World War III With Russia  (Read 338 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The Simulator Training Marines for World War III With Russia
« on: August 12, 2017, 11:47:58 am »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-simulator-training-marines-for-world-war-iii-with-russia

Don’t step on a bomb and don’t give your number to a prostitute. These are just some of the lessons being taught for a potential fight with Moscow’s men.

James LaPorta
Rory Laverty
08.12.17 12:01 AM ET

CAMP LEJEUNE, North Carolina—It was over 100 degrees on a recent summer morning when a squad of young Marines in combat gear, soaked in sweat, scoured “the bad side of town” for a bag of cellphones bearing the enemy’s battle plans.

They spread out to secure the dirt roads and buildings of an Eastern European rural village that reeked of animal dung and gunpowder. Russian voices rang out from a squabbling throng of civilians in a narrow corridor: “Help us! Doctor!”

The Marines wanted to help, but their first priority was to protect themselves and then to secure their mission objective: the cellphones. Civilians’ needs came third.

One Marine stepped onto a broken patch of dirt concealing an improvised explosive device.

The boom echoed off the warehouse walls and thrummed into the Marines’ bones. The Marine who stepped on the IED fell to the ground and went limp.

“Dead!” someone shouted.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley