Author Topic: DOJ Launches Civil Rights Investigation Into Charlottesville White Nationalist Rally  (Read 959 times)

rangerrebew

DOJ Launches Civil Rights Investigation Into Charlottesville White Nationalist Rally

Posted By Jonah Bennett On 11:14 AM 08/13/2017 In | No Comments

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has launched a civil rights investigation into the violence at the Charlottesville white nationalist rally in Virginia.

Following confirmation that a car plowed through a group of antifa protesters on Saturday leaving one dead and 19 injured, Attorney General Jeff Sessions issued a statement announcing the department was opening a federal investigation.

Article printed fromThe Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/13/doj-launches-civil-rights-investigation-into-charlottesville-white-nationalist-rally/

rangerrebew

You can bet your sweet bippy if a mooslim had been driving that car the DOJ wouldn't be in such a hurry to call it a hate crime let alone start investigating it. :pondering:

Offline dfwgator

You can bet your sweet bippy if a mooslim had been driving that car the DOJ wouldn't be in such a hurry to call it a hate crime let alone start investigating it. :pondering:

And they would go out of their way to call him a "Lone Wolf."

Offline jpsb

The double standard is so blatant that everyone can see it. Only condemning one side is tassedly approving the other side. The side with did not have a permit to assemble, march of rally.  The side that started the violence in the first place. The left and their media enablers are truly the enemy.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I may be mistaken, but I've read that both sides had permits to assemble.

The rightwing group had a permit first granted, and then revoked.
In the interim, the antifa group obtained a permit.

The right went to court after their permit was revoked (and after the permit to the left was issued). The right argued that since the city did not revoke the leftists' permit, they had a right to assemble, as well. The judge agreed and restored the permit.

I could have that wrong.

The car incident aside, looks like the rightwing groups essentially remained nonviolent during their march. It was THE LEFTISTS that instigated the violence.

Of course, the media won't report this.
And I wonder what the DOJ will have the intestinal fortitude to report, as well.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I may be mistaken, but I've read that both sides had permits to assemble.

The rightwing group had a permit first granted, and then revoked.
In the interim, the antifa group obtained a permit.

The right went to court after their permit was revoked (and after the permit to the left was issued). The right argued that since the city did not revoke the leftists' permit, they had a right to assemble, as well. The judge agreed and restored the permit.

I could have that wrong.

The car incident aside, looks like the rightwing groups essentially remained nonviolent during their march. It was THE LEFTISTS that instigated the violence.

Of course, the media won't report this.
And I wonder what the DOJ will have the intestinal fortitude to report, as well.

I am not seeing that ANY permit to march was issued. A permit to assemble at the statue was issued, then challenged and confirmed by the court.

I did read that at some point on Saturday, additional permits were issued for other assemblies.

Again, I have not seen that a permit to march was issued to anyone. Therefore, anyone who was walking in a street that had not been closed to traffic was breaking the law.

Any investigation must document all this, as well as the communications and orders issued to LEO on the street. I am hearing the term "stand down" a lot. Precise context must be discovered for that.

Offline dfwgator

I want to know whose bright idea was it to have the two groups so close together?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ok folks, here’s what REALLY happened in Charlottesville – and what everyone is missing

https://www.allenbwest.com/2017/08/13/ok-folks-heres-really-happened-charlottesville-everyone-missing/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Ok folks, here’s what REALLY happened in Charlottesville – and what everyone is missing

https://www.allenbwest.com/2017/08/13/ok-folks-heres-really-happened-charlottesville-everyone-missing/

The reasonable among us cannot disagree with the colonel here.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I've been reading so many crap opinion pieces from all sides lately, I was expecting the same. This however, is very good and on point. I only have a couple of small points of contention (example, calling them 'opposite sides of the political spectrum when, IMHO, antifa, neo-nazis, et al, are all different shades of the same side). Otherwise, that's a good article.

Offline ABX

You don't believe President Trump's DOJ would go after a Muslim the same way?

Offline ABX

I may be mistaken, but I've read that both sides had permits to assemble.....

This is probably the wrong event to ask this about, but why do citizens need to go to the crown to get their blessing to assemble and speak?