Author Topic: The Most Underreported World Stories So Far This Year  (Read 528 times)

Offline RoosGirl

The Most Underreported World Stories So Far This Year
« on: August 12, 2017, 12:37:56 am »
Watch the various television and cable news shows, and one will be exposed to multiple reports of--the exact same story. Day after day, night after night: the national mainstream news media regurgitates the same news stories to the American people. It’s the same song sung by a different singer; but it’s the same song. If you don’t believe that, start channel surfing the newscasts instead of watching just one network. You will hear the same stories repeated over and over again by all of the different newscasters. Wake up, folks! You are being programmed and propagandized.

I have repeatedly said: the real problem with America’s news media (and churches) is not what you are being told; it is what you are NOT being told. The most important stories that the American people need to know about are hardly ever mentioned. And it doesn’t matter whether the broadcaster or network is bent leftward or rightward: the media moguls who run ALL OF THEM belong to the same club.

Here are just a few examples of some very important stories that you’ve heard barely a peep about from the Western mainstream media--or from the vast majority of independent media outlets, for that matter.

1)  The world’s biggest humanitarian crisis since World War II
[snip]
2)  “Liberated” Afghanistan is in flames
[snip]
3) A half million Syrian refugees have gone home
[snip]

http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/Articles/tabid/109/ID/3633/The-Most-Underreported-World-Stories-So-Far-This-Year.aspx

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: The Most Underreported World Stories So Far This Year
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:58:37 am »
Out MSM has been crap for a long time.

And no one will ever convince me GWB didn't have something to do with 9/11.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 03:05:06 am »

And no one will ever convince me GWB didn't have something to do with 9/11.

I dunno, I don't think he had the skill to fake that look on his face when he was whispered in the ear during the elementary school visit.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 03:14:10 am »
I dunno, I don't think he had the skill to fake that look on his face when he was whispered in the ear during the elementary school visit.

I wouldn't bet on that.

I knew about the problems with the Chinese in central Africa. There was a thread on it yesterday, in fact.

I didn't know about any oil pipeline in F ghanistan. I thought we were there to protect our underground secret nuclear submarine bases.

The "problem" in Yemen makes me yawn.

I've always sided with Assad.

Our involvement in Iraq is a mistake and I said so from the start.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:18:24 am »

I knew about the problems with the Chinese in central Africa. There was a thread on it yesterday, in fact.

"Chinese middle-men working for the Congo Dongfang Mining Company have the stranglehold in DRC, buying the raw cobalt brought to them in sacks carried on bicycles and dilapidated old cars daily from the Katanga mines. They sit in shacks on a dusty road near the Zambian border, offering measly sums scrawled on blackboards outside – £40 for a ton of cobalt-rich rocks – that will be sent by cargo ship to minerals giant Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt in China and sold on to a complex supply chain feeding giant multinationals."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4764208/Child-miners-aged-four-living-hell-Earth.html#ixzz4pJvVGvgF

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 03:30:27 am »
http://www.ide.go.jp/English/Data/Africa_file/Manualreport/cia_08.html

China’s intentions in Africa on the mineral extraction front, could not have been madeclearer after China announced a US$5 billion loan to the DRC for infrastructuredevelopment in September 2007, following up with the signing of another US$3,8 billion formining investments projects in January 2008. The sheer size of the loan took Westerncountries by surprise and cemented the perception that China was becoming Africa’s mostimportant development partner. Under the terms of the agreement signed by the Ministerfor Reconstruction, Pierre Lumbi,, the Export-Import Bank of China pledged the nearlyUS$9 billion loan and finance to build and upgrade the DRC’s road (4000 km) and railsystem (3200 km) for transportation routes that connect its extractive industries, and todevelop and rehabilitate the country’s strategic mining sector in return for copper andcobalt concessions. In return, China would gain rights to extract up to 10 million tons ofcopper and 420 000 tons of cobalt (proven deposits) over a 15 year period, with operationsexpected to begin in 2013.