Author Topic: Trump approval at 45%, GOP base 'steady' at 76 percent, independents returning  (Read 530 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump approval at 45%, GOP base 'steady' at 76 percent, independents returning
by Paul Bedard | Aug 11, 2017, 9:44 AM

President Trump's approval rating is on the rise, thanks to "steady" support from Republican voters, his base that some have suggested are abandoning the White House.

Both Rasmussen Reports and Zogby Analytics put the president's approval rating at 45 percent.

The latest Zogby Analytics survey said that more than three-quarters of Republicans are sticking with the president.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-approval-at-45-gop-base-steady-at-76-percent-independents-returning/article/2631255
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Someone posted this earlier.  One of tbe commentors asserted that the poll was mkre correct because Zogby used a better ratio of republicans/democrats.  But I found no evidence of that.  Maybe someone will tell me ahere to find it this time. :)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump's been doing well lately IMO. Maybe it's a low bar that that basically mean he hasn't made me facepalm in a while.

Hope he keeps it up. He has potential.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
IOW efforts by the entire democrat party, most of the media, some in his own party has been wasted effort.

I did see a survey rating Congress, at 11 percent though.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump's been doing well lately IMO. Maybe it's a low bar that that basically mean he hasn't made me facepalm in a while.

Hope he keeps it up. He has potential.

IMO, here's where he could cement things.  He'd always have the usual suspects in opposition, but it could bring many more to support him.

Domestically - Congress has failed to act or present viable options on important issues like infrastructure, tax reform, and healthcare after many years in the majority.  Here are my plans, since your representatives have not worked on your behalf.  Here are candidates you should consider in 2018, if your representatives do not support them.

Foreign policy, specifically Korea - The threat posed by North Korea and their development of nuclear weapons has been negotiated in bad faith by the various Kim regimes.  Previous aggressive actions by North Korea during this phase, such as the shelling of Yeonpeong and the sinking of the Cheonan have occurred without consequence, emboldening North Korea continue pushing limits.  Should North Korea engage in further aggressive actions toward US territory or allies, I will call upon congress for a formal declaration of war against North Korea.  If congress will not act, I will conduct operations under the War Powers Act to swiftly and decisively end this threat to peace and security.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Since I have recently ... like yesterday ... declared polls unreliable, I might not be able to believe in this one, even though I want to.

But, what the heck, I kinda believe in this one because it goes along with what I see in the world I know.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.