Author Topic: Libertarian Party to White nationalists: Get out  (Read 626 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Libertarian Party to White nationalists: Get out
« on: August 16, 2017, 02:38:09 pm »
The National Libertarian Party says it stands for freedom for all, but it won't stand for white nationalists.

The party, considered the fastest growing third party in the country, issued a statement Tuesday asking any white nationalists who belong to the party to leave.

"There is no room for racists and bigots in the Libertarian Party," said Libertarian National Committee executive director Wes Benedict. "If there are white nationalists who — inappropriately — are members of the Libertarian Party, I ask them to submit their resignations today. We don’t want them to associate with the Libertarian Party, and we don’t want their money. I’m not expecting many resignations, because our membership already knows this well."..

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2017/8/15/libertarian_party_wh.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Libertarian Party to White nationalists: Get out
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 02:40:38 pm »
Everyone knows the Klan or White Supremacists types advertised in Ron Paul's newsletters. Where are all the self-righteous broadbrushing Ron? Or in fact, some other incidences with Rand as well?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 02:41:59 pm »

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 02:43:47 pm »
Everyone knows the Klan or White Supremacists types advertised in Ron Paul's newsletters. Where are all the self-righteous broadbrushing Ron? Or in fact, some other incidences with Rand as well?

Last time I checked, Ron, while leaning Libertarian on many issues, was a Republican congressman and ran for President as a Republican.

Will you extend the same courtesy to them and paint the whole party as such because of that?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 02:53:06 pm »
The way I read this, the Libertarians are saying they are currently the home of White Nationalists. Hmmm....
Countdown to Resignation

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 03:05:48 pm »
Only rich software developers are allowed to eat lunch with the big-L Libertarians.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »
The way I read this, the Libertarians are saying they are currently the home of White Nationalists. Hmmm....

They find their way in every party. So far, the LP is the only one in the past decade or so with the stones to say outright- get out.

Reagan, Buckley, and Cooledge did prior to this for the Republicans but sadly, leadership as of late doesn't want to rock the boat.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 03:15:51 pm »

Despite it saying just the opposite. Hmmm...

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 03:25:16 pm »
How can they get out if they were never there in the first place?
Countdown to Resignation