Author Topic: Audible Launches 'Audible for Dogs' to Help Pet Parents Calm Their Stressed Canines  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
In addition to a mutual love of hamburgers and lazy sunny afternoons in the backyard, dog owners can now share their affinity for audiobooks with their furry friends. As Fast Company reports, Audible has launched Audible for Dogs, a new service designed to keep canines relaxed while their owners are away from home.

Some people play music for lonely dogs, but according to an Audible press release, a 2015 academic study revealed that audiobooks worked better than tunes to calm stressed-out pets. To investigate the phenomenon further, Audible teamed up with Cesar Millan, the dog behaviorist who’s better known as the "Dog Whisperer."....

http://mentalfloss.com/article/503434/audible-launches-audible-dogs-help-pet-parents-calm-their-stressed-canines

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I wrote to Audible and suggested they do the same for cat owners but with Jackson Galaxy, seeing they have a few books by him. I use to play books and/ or leave the radio on for my cats

I got an email back from one of their editors thanking me for a brilliant idea and giving me two book credit.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Audible user since. 20005.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:07:33 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I wrote to Audible and suggested they do the same for cat owners but with Jackson Galaxy, seeing they have a few books by him. I use to play books and/ or leave the radio on for my cats

I got an email back from one of their editors thanking me for a brilliant idea and giving me two book credit.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Audible user since. 20005.

20005. Holy crap!  Lol
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
When I installed a few cameras in my house a few years ago, I came to the sad realization what my dog does when we leave. Within a few minutes of both of us leaving, she sits at the door and whines for a few minutes, then goes to the window (we have big bay windows in our dining room overlooking our driveway) and sits there with her head on the sill all day until we come home, with just a few breaks to whine at the door for us. It was the saddest things to see. I started leaving the TV and radio on for her and it made a world of difference.

Now I work at home most of the time and my wife doesn't have to work so it isn't bad, but I would probably sign up for this or DogTV if we started having to be gone all day again.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@AbaraXas I'm glad your doggy story has a happy ending.

Poor doggy missed it's humans

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
@AbaraXas I'm glad your doggy story has a happy ending.

Poor doggy missed it's humans

She is very much a clingy dog. She also loves the cats too, and they love her which is a bonus. When she whines like that, one of them will come and just rub all over her and she'll lay down next to the cat. (she is a big dog too, about 60lbs). Blue Heeler.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Awwwww!!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
My dog's fav audiobook is Common Scents by Jack Russel, narrated of course by Ellen Barkin...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
When I installed a few cameras in my house a few years ago, I came to the sad realization what my dog does when we leave. Within a few minutes of both of us leaving, she sits at the door and whines for a few minutes, then goes to the window (we have big bay windows in our dining room overlooking our driveway) and sits there with her head on the sill all day until we come home, with just a few breaks to whine at the door for us. It was the saddest things to see. I started leaving the TV and radio on for her and it made a world of difference.

Now I work at home most of the time and my wife doesn't have to work so it isn't bad, but I would probably sign up for this or DogTV if we started having to be gone all day again.

I always hated to leave my dogs when I went to work. That is why I have at least two dogs. I was able to work from home for the last years until I retired. I feel a lot less guilty leaving them when they have a buddy.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My cat licked a lot of her fur off until we got a second one. It grew back about 10 months later.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Great Pyrenees are said to be aloof, but Atticus is definitely NOT aloof.   I'd hate to think of him spending his day that way.  He has 2 cats, but they are pretty focused on each other.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.