Author Topic: Shock video of Putney Bridge shove sparks flood of complaints to police over 'jogger rage' <Updated with Arrest>  (Read 867 times)

Wingnut

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:00:40 am by Wingnut »

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Proper would be to throw a rope around that jogger's neck and tie it to the bus.
Golly that's a bit extreme, I think an application of the Harding procedure to both legs would be highly appropriate. That moron should be found, arrested, charged and prosecuted for attempted murder.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
"Proper etiquette"?  It's a sideWALK not a sideJOG.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Take a baseball bat to the side if his knees.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Polly Ticks

That's horrible!  Proper etiquette is that you don't take the entire sidewalk for yourself and you certainly don't shove another pedestrian into on coming traffic.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Wingnut

UpdateArrest made after hunt for jogger who 'pushed' woman into path of bus on Putney Bridge

An arrest has been made after video footage was released showing a male jogger 'pushing' a woman into the path of an oncoming bus.

A 50-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm following police enquiries at an address in the Chelsea area on the morning of Thursday, August 10.
The man, who lives in Chelsea, has been released under investigation.

The bus, which was travelling across Putney Bridge, swerved to narrowly miss the 33-year-old victim.

The woman only suffered minor injuries but she was put in “extreme danger”, police stated.

The bus stopped and some passengers got off and rushed to the victim's aid.

About 15 minutes later the jogger came back the other way across the bridge.

The victim tried to speak to him but he did not acknowledge her and carried on jogging.

The incident happened at 7.41am on May 5, but a police manhunt went underway when the footage was released on August 8. < WTF.  3 months it took them to take it seriously>

On Wednesday, August 9, the Met said it had received a “huge response” to its appeal for information.

Officers continue to appeal for any witnesses to the incident.