Author Topic: It’s Long Past Time To End All Discrimination Policies And Restore Equal Protection  (Read 490 times)

Online corbe

It’s Long Past Time To End All Discrimination Policies And Restore Equal Protection

Ultimately, federal law places every employer and employee in the same no-win situation as Google: lawsuit if you don't have enough protected class employees, lawsuit if you try overtly to hire them.

By Joy Pullmann   
August 10, 2017

Hardly a day goes by without some new identity politics incident that pits members of one group against another group. These incidents are typically manipulated to inflame people’s tribalism, divided along Marxist lines by sex, race, class, and more, into yet another battle of collective wills. Underneath it all, we have a society ostensibly “dedicated to the proposition that all men are equal.” Although such rhetoric still stirs every American’s heart, it is no longer true. In America, both in private and government institutions, some are “more equal than others.”

The hottest such dispute this week is over a former Google engineer’s internal memo suggesting biological differences between the sexes contribute to their different professional choices. He was fired for “perpetuating gender stereotypes,” which may have been an attempt at legal defense for Google since they have been battling a federal lawsuit alleging sex discrimination against women.

Perceived Discrimination Versus Actual Discrimination

The former engineer’s discussion memo caught Google between a rock and a hard place, because the feds demand Google cough up data about how many women they employ and what they are paid and take the mere existence of a higher male population as evidence of sexism. James Damore suggested if anything Google discriminates against men in its hiring practices. It’s a battle between outcome discrimination and process discrimination, and Google can’t win.

<..snip..>

http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/10/time-end-discrimination-laws-restore-equal-protection/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Affirmative action forces employers to favor blacks, in order to meet quotas.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It is impossible to  survive on this planet without discriminating.  Everyone does it every day.  They must or they will die!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

It is impossible to  survive on this planet without discriminating.  Everyone does it every day.  They must or they will die!
Yes, but it's gov. that prevents people from discriminating for good reasons.  Many gov. anti-discrimination policies are what we have to eliminate.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes, but it's gov. that prevents people from discriminating for good reasons.  Many gov. anti-discrimination policies are what we have to eliminate.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien