Author Topic: 52% of Republicans say they'd support postponing 2020 elections if Trump said it were necessary to stop voter fraud.  (Read 489 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/08/10/in-a-new-poll-half-of-republicans-say-they-would-support-postponing-the-2020-election-if-trump-proposed-it/?utm_term=.75833bf0f8b2

Critics of President Trump have repeatedly warned of his potential to undermine American democracy. Among the concerns are his repeated assertions that he would have won the popular vote had 3 to 5 million “illegals” not voted in the 2016 election, a claim echoed by the head of a White House advisory committee on voter fraud.

Claims of large-scale voter fraud are not true, but that has not stopped a substantial number of Republicans from believing them. But how far would Republicans be willing to follow the president to stop what they perceive as rampant fraud? Our recent survey suggests that the answer is quite far: About half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 presidential election until the country can fix this problem.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline NavyCanDo

I would hope even the hardest Trump supporter here at the BR would say, "that aint happening".
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline dfwgator

I would hope even the hardest Trump supporter here at the BR would say, "that aint happening".

We hear this same crap with every POTUS, either Republican or Democrat, some yahoo starts saying they are going to declare an Emergency and Cancel the Elections.

Offline Suppressed

Shall we change our flag, too?

And give Trump the rank of Generalissimo?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn