Author Topic: GOP Donors Respond to Obamacare Repeal Failure, Withhold Donations  (Read 1124 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: GOP Donors Respond to Obamacare Repeal Failure, Withhold Donations
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 06:49:18 pm »
“Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.”  - George Carlin

Or put another way:

"We have no Government armed with Power capable of contending with human Passions unbridled by morality and Religion. Avarice, Ambition, Revenge or Galantry, would break the strongest Cords of our Constitution as a Whale goes through a Net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams to Massachusetts Militiamen 1798
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 07:16:07 pm »
It's only true because we allow them to get away with saying one thing and doing another. The Pub party has no discipline. Collins, Murkowski, McCain and others get away with not fulfilling Party promises because they are never held to account by the party or the voters. The only way to change that is to hold the party accountable.

I disagree. The only way to change that, is to hold the individuals accountable. They get elected, as individuals.

There used to be a leading light, prolific poster here, that assured this site, McCain was done last time. She was in Arizona, we weren't and she was correct.

Except he survived, she was wrong. Arizona voters put McCain in office, and the same for Maine, Alaska, etc.

The Republican party voted 45-7 for the Senate Obamacare repeal bill.

Why punish 45 for the sins of 7? Go back, sharpen the arguments. Start a movement to be rid of McConnell, since he led poorly from the majority.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 07:22:30 pm »
I disagree. The only way to change that, is to hold the individuals accountable. They get elected, as individuals.

There used to be a leading light, prolific poster here, that assured this site, McCain was done last time. She was in Arizona, we weren't and she was correct.

Except he survived, she was wrong. Arizona voters put McCain in office, and the same for Maine, Alaska, etc.

I must have missed her, because I would never have agreed with that assessment and I live in AZ too.  I have said, and will continue to say, McCain will be senator as long as he wants, probably until he croaks. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 07:23:11 pm »

Why punish 45 for the sins of 7? Go back, sharpen the arguments. Start a movement to be rid of McConnell, since he led poorly from the majority.

It's more than just 7......Those were just the ones who 'took one for the team'.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 07:35:02 pm »
It's more than just 7......Those were just the ones who 'took one for the team'.

Then how many is it, and what are their names? If it is 8 or 10 or 20, they only get dealt with one at a time.

And it is local. It doesn't do much good for me to sit in California or Tennessee and hope that Collins is defeated.

It takes a strong alternative candidate in Maine, proper funding, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 07:39:14 pm »
Then how many is it, and what are their names? If it is 8 or 10 or 20, they only get dealt with one at a time.

"That would be telling."