Author Topic: Veterans Affairs forced to keep fired medical director  (Read 326 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Veterans Affairs forced to keep fired medical director
« on: August 10, 2017, 02:25:08 am »
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has been forced employ the former Washington, D.C. medical center director for the time being after the employee was fired for failing "to provide effective leadership at the medical center."

Brian Hawkins was fired in July after it was revealed he had sent sensitive information to his wife's personal email account.

However, Hawkins appealed the termination and the federal Merit Systems Protection Board issued a stay on the decision on August 2, allowing Hawkins to build a defense that he was wrongfully let go.

VA Secretary David Shulkin pushed back against the the stay, and has prohibited Hawkins from working around patients.

“No judge who has never run a hospital and never cared for our nation’s veterans will force me to put an employee back in a position when he allowed the facility to pose potential safety risks to our Veterans,” Shulkin said in a statement.

Read more at: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345992-veterans-affairs-forced-to-keep-fired-medical-director
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

Re: Veterans Affairs forced to keep fired medical director
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 02:33:52 am »
It seems to me The Merit Systems Protection Board needs to be abolished.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:51:47 am »
It seems to me The Merit Systems Protection Board needs to be abolished.

Were we not led to believe it had been?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 02:59:23 am »
The swamp is deep and wide!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien