Author Topic: Trump calls governor of Guam, assures him ‘tourism will go up ten fold’  (Read 416 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump calls governor of Guam, assures him ‘tourism will go up ten fold’
NY Post, Aug 11, 2017

President Trump phoned the governor of Guam on Friday to assure him all the residents of the Pacific Island are safe.

A video shows Gov. Eddie Baza Calvo laughing and joking with the president as they discuss everything from the readiness of the US military to tourism.

Trump opened the conversation by telling Calvo, “ Good morning, good morning. Great to speak with you. Good morning. I just wanted to pay my respects and we are with you 1,000. You are safe. We’re with you 1,000 percent. I just wanted to call and say hello.’’

Calvo answers, “as the governor of Guam representing the people of Guam and as an American citizen, I never felt more safe or confident than with you at the helm.

So, with all the criticism going on over there for a guy who’s doing what’s positive, we need a president like you.

“I’m just so thankful. I’m glad you’re holding the helm, Sir.’’

More: http://nypost.com/2017/08/11/trump-calls-governor-of-guam-assures-him-tourism-will-go-up-ten-fold/

Offline Suppressed

I'm glad he assured Trump he's American. ..never know whether Trump listened to the briefing!  :laugh:

Seriously, though, I'm glad this conversation was leaked.  Uh, released.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:41:18 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

Won't all those tourists tip over the island?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Names of 70 servicemen, from Guam, that died in Vietnam:

(in case somebody thinks Guamanians are "less than" real Americans)

http://www.virtualwall.org/istate/istatgu.htm
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
One of my Senior Chiefs in the radio shack was Guamanian.  I've never met a more patriotic fellow.  :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
One of my Senior Chiefs in the radio shack was Guamanian.  I've never met a more patriotic fellow.  :patriot:
A little military service story. A fellow trainee, during Basic, was Guamanian. Quite an enthusiastic guy, and athletic.

Going into the mile run, 5th and final event of PT testing, he had a maximum score, 400.

If he ran the mile in under 6 minutes in boots, he would max at 500, perfect score, and somewhat rare.

He dashed around the track a couple of times, at a pace way, way faster than a 6 minute mile, then crashed and completely slowed to fail making his 6 minute time.

He either completely overlooked the idea of pacing, or his extreme emotions drove him to attempt turning a middle-distance run, into a near sprint event.

Always smiling, always happy, always trying very, very hard. And I did not find his name on the Vietnam dead.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln