Author Topic: The Democrats’ Electoral Disadvantage Is Getting Worse... by John Hinderaker  (Read 512 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Posted on August 8, 2017 by John Hinderaker

The Democrats’ Electoral Disadvantage Is Getting Worse

At FiveThirtyEight, David Wasserman has a heartwarming analysis of why the Democratic Party is pretty much hosed in Congressional elections for the foreseeable future:

Even if Democrats were to win every single 2018 House and Senate race for seats representing places that Hillary Clinton won or that Trump won by less than 3 percentage points — a pretty good midterm by historical standards — they could still fall short of the House majority and lose five Senate seats.
    In the last few decades, Democrats have expanded their advantages in California and New York — states with huge urban centers that combined to give Clinton a 6 million vote edge, more than twice her national margin. But those two states elect only 4 percent of the Senate. Meanwhile, Republicans have made huge advances in small rural states — think Arkansas, North and South Dakota, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana and West Virginia — that wield disproportionate power in the upper chamber compared to their populations.
    In 2016, Trump lost the national popular vote by 2.1 percentage points, but Republicans won the median House seat by 3.4 points and the median Senate seat by 3.6 points — that’s the widest Senate gap in at least a century and tied with 2012 for the widest House disparity in the last half-century.

more
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/08/the-democrats-electoral-disadvantage-is-getting-worse.php
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Wait, I've been hearing here that the Dems were gaining seats and it was all Trumps fault.....

Which is it????
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
 :silly:

This makes me happy.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Don't worry Dems, Turtle Mitch has your back.
The Republic is lost.

Offline The_Reader_David

Not a very interesting analysis.  It seems to focus on the fact that by design of the Founders, rural states with small populations have equal representation in the Senate to populous urban states.  The only way this fact could make the 'Rats electoral disadvantage worse is if leftists are moving into already left-wing states.  It ignores the fact that the GOP controlled the redistricting process in most of the country after the 2010 census and will likely do the same after the 2020 census, and the fact that lack of significant representation in state governments is eroding the 'Rats "bench".
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Permanent minority status awaits the Dems if California gets its wish and secedes.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Don't worry Dems, Turtle Mitch has your back.

Sad but true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien