Author Topic: Safe Space: Trump Requires Folders Full of Positive News, Tweets, and Pictures of Himself Twice a Day  (Read 790 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Considering both Sean Spicer and Reince Priebus are now gone, who are the unlucky toadies who will be given this ridiculous task?

According to Vice News, as given to them by White House officials, Spicer and Priebus had a very special chore, that began at the beginning of Trump’s presidency. At 9:30am and 4:30pm each day, they had to personally hand a specially prepared folder of positive coverage to President Trump, to offset the mountain of bad news and stroke his ego thoroughly......

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/08/08/safe-space-trump-requires-folders-full-positive-news-tweets-pictures-twice-day/?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=socialflow_RedState&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

Offline ABX

If you have any doubt that Trump would require his ego to be stroked twice a day, as he huddles in his safe space, with all negative coverage filtered out, just think back to that roundtable video.

And at a broadcasted Cabinet meeting in June, Trump listened contentedly as the vice president, his chief of staff, and nearly all of the 15 Cabinet secretaries heaped praise on him. Priebus took that opportunity to tell Trump: “On behalf of the entire senior staff around you, Mr. President, we thank you for the opportunity and the blessing that you’ve given us to serve your agenda and the American people.”

Possibly one of the creepiest things ever recorded.

On video: https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000005160406/trump-cabinet-meeting-praise.html

Offline RoosGirl

I take stuff like this with a grain of salt, but it's really not that hard to imagine happening.

Offline ABX

I take stuff like this with a grain of salt, but it's really not that hard to imagine happening.

The second part, (the creepier one) is on video.

Wingnut

These type of stories need to be posted in the newly added fiction section of TBR.
@mystery-ak

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Like I did with Obama, I turn any video or audio of Trump off.

Cannot stand seeing or listening to him.  The guy makes Obama's narcissism pale in comparison.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

Yeah, but I get them doing that for the cameras.  If it happened every time they met that would be weird.  I would think that nonsense doesn't go on when the cameras aren't there.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

These type of stories need to be posted in the newly added fiction section of TBR.
@mystery-ak

Yup.

(Nice to see the avatar again ...  ^-^ @Wingnut )

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
    And at a broadcasted Cabinet meeting in June, Trump listened contentedly as the vice president, his chief of staff, and nearly all of the 15 Cabinet secretaries heaped praise on him. Priebus took that opportunity to tell Trump: “On behalf of the entire senior staff around you, Mr. President, we thank you for the opportunity and the blessing that you’ve given us to serve your agenda and the American people.”
I'm reminded of an ancient Mad satire feature, "Comic Strips Based on Real Life Characters."

One of the strips featured then-French president Charles de Gaulle being addressed by a senior aide.

Panel one: The aide says, "President de Gaulle, you are the greatest man in France." de Gaulle replies,
"That is true."

Panel two: The aide says, "President de Gaulle, you are even greater than Napoleon!" de Gaulle replies,
"That is true."

Panel three: The aide says, "In fact, only God is greater than you!"

Panel four: The aide behind bars hollering, "What did I say? What did I say?"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I hate to corrupt Cornershop's catchy tune from '97, but this is a folder full of bs for the 45.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.