Author Topic: Someone Just Noticed That Trump Is Getting Stuff Done  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Someone Just Noticed That Trump Is Getting Stuff Done
« on: August 07, 2017, 02:59:58 pm »
Someone Just Noticed That Trump Is Getting Stuff Done
Investors Business Daily, Aug 4, 2017, Editorial Staff

<snip>

"Trump Has Quietly Accomplished More Than It Appears" reads the headline in the Atlantic.

"With the Trump administration's chaos sucking up all the attention," the article begins, "it's been able to move forward on a range of its priorities.... It is remaking the justice system, rewriting environmental rules, overhauling public-lands administration, and greenlighting major infrastructure projects. It is appointing figures who will guarantee the triumph of its ideological vision for decades to come."

More:  http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/someone-just-noticed-that-trump-is-getting-stuff-done/
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:45:24 pm by mystery-ak »

Re: Someone Just Noticed That Trump Is Getting Stuff Done
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:39:53 pm »
Nothing to be afraid of here, folks.

This is good news.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 08:10:39 pm »

This is good news.

Agreed. On the items requiring heavy lifting, such as ACA repeal, tax reform, and immigration reform, the record is not so rosy.

His constant tweet assaults on those who may be on the fence have not been helpful. They may be satisfying to you and his supporters, but it's not an appropriate demonstration of leadership IMO.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 10:16:33 pm »
Agreed. On the items requiring heavy lifting, such as ACA repeal, tax reform, and immigration reform, the record is not so rosy.

His constant tweet assaults on those who may be on the fence have not been helpful. They may be satisfying to you and his supporters, but it's not an appropriate demonstration of leadership IMO.
You hit it right on the head.

It's hard to move forward when you're taking so many steps backward or sideways and into so many puddles.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 02:25:09 am »
Night wrote:
"On the items requiring heavy lifting, such as ACA repeal, tax reform, and immigration reform, the record is not so rosy."

There is no need for "immigration reform".
There are plenty of immigration laws already on the books.
All we need to do is ENFORCE them -- which this administration has been doing.
Hadn't been done previously for at least 30 years.
The change is undeniable.

The other two items on your list must be resolved by the Congress.
That ain't Trump's fault.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 09:16:20 am »
I find it interesting that a rabid leftist magazine such as The Atlantic would take the time to list Trump accomplishments.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 09:46:39 am »
I find it interesting that a rabid leftist magazine such as The Atlantic would take the time to list Trump accomplishments.

I read the Atlantic article last week when it was linked on Real Clear. I kept waiting for the snark to start but the whole thing was pretty straight shooting - the editors must have been on vacation that week...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 10:01:24 am »

Well, somebody's gotta do it. Except for what RIV posts and a smattering from a few others, it ain't getting done here at NT Central.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 10:20:27 am »
Yeah, petty bickering on twitter, hiring incompetent staff, etc, etc, etc.  all the stuff he promised to do if elected.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 10:48:15 am »
Like tearing up the Iran nuke agreement?
Like alienating our European allies.
Won't list the obvious........wall, Ocare, tax cuts, budget..........

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 01:25:39 pm »
Well, somebody's gotta do it. Except for what RIV posts and a smattering from a few others, it ain't getting done here at NT Central.

@mystery-ak

NT Central? I'm sure the owner might take exception to your characterization of TBR...I certainly do.

Perhaps you'll find your safe space at TOS.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 01:25:47 pm »
It is also interesting that CNN staffers take time out of their busy day to log into this forum to bash Trump.  You'd think doing it on live TV 24/7/365 would be enough, but that's indicative of their lifestyle.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 01:27:01 pm »
Yeah, petty bickering on twitter, hiring incompetent staff, etc, etc, etc.  all the stuff he promised to do if elected.

Trump hired Flynn, Priebus, and The Mooch, didn't he?

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 01:41:25 pm »
@mystery-ak

NT Central? I'm sure the owner might take exception to your characterization of TBR...I certainly do.

Perhaps you'll find your safe space at TOS. 

Oh, please stop running to mommy @Night Hides Not   Sit back and just read through the posts on the forum--in any category-- and you'll see the vast majority are anti-Trump. It doesn't matter what the original subject of the thread is, it will become one overwhelmed by anti-Trump fun and games.  Reading through these posts is breathtaking to see on a "conservative/republican" forum.

I don't know why acknowledging this threatens you so---to the point that you publically suggest to the owner of the site that those who support the President be expelled.

I submit if this forum prefers a more balanced discussion and presentation of information, the few remaining supporters of the President, his agenda and his administration are sorely needed.

@mystery-ak
@aligncare

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 01:45:50 pm »
During the 1940's the Berlin Airlift made news around the world.  A similar U.S. undertaking also made news around the world during the Bush administration, except here in the U.S. where the massive relief project in Pakistan was subjected to a near total media blackout.  Epic undertakings are only epic if the media says so.

Trump could fly a man to the moon and the glass half empty crowd would find a reason to bitch about it, that is if anyone found it newsworthy enough to even report on such an epic feat.

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 01:46:40 pm »

Though I haven't been here quite as long as you @aligncare I too, have noticed what an intelligent, discerning crowd Briefers are generally as a whole, unlike the sycophants at TOS and Trumpbart, very observant of you.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 01:46:53 pm »
RIV....IBD only allows the first couple of sentences to post....sorry I had to edit

@Right_in_Virginia
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 01:51:59 pm »
RIV....IBD only allows the first couple of sentences to post....sorry I had to edit

@Right_in_Virginia

No worries @mystery-ak   No worries at all.   I'll not do it again.  :seeya:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:16:08 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 01:56:28 pm »
Oh, please stop running to mommy @Night Hides Not   Sit back and just read through the posts on the forum--in any category-- and you'll see the vast majority are anti-Trump. It doesn't matter what the original subject of the thread is, it will become one overwhelmed by anti-Trump fun and games.  Reading through these posts is breathtaking to see on a "conservative/republican" forum.

I don't know why acknowledging this threatens you so---to the point that you publically suggest to the owner of the site that those who support the President be expelled.

I submit if this forum prefers a more balanced discussion and presentation of information, the few remaining supporters of the President, his agenda and his administration are sorely needed.

@mystery-ak
@aligncare

So sorry to offend you...lol. It is not TBR's responsibility to provide the balance you seek...you confuse equal outcomes for equal opportunity...how Trumpian of you.

If you will recall, I seconded one of your posts yesterday. I will continue to do so when you express an opinion I agree with.

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 01:59:10 pm »
So sorry to offend you...lol. It is not TBR's responsibility to provide the balance you seek...you confuse equal outcomes for equal opportunity...how Trumpian of you.

Congratulations @Night Hides Not ... you win.   :seeya:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 02:06:11 pm »

This is good news.

You're right. It doesn't hurt at all to hear something positive.