Author Topic: Baltimore’s “nobody kill anybody weekend” lasts a little over a day  (Read 1097 times)

rangerrebew

Baltimore’s “nobody kill anybody weekend” lasts a little over a day

Jazz ShawPosted at 9:31 am on August 6, 2017

It was a noble effort to be sure and a pretty good plan (all things considered) for as long as it lasted. Sadly, that wasn’t terribly long at all. We’re talking about the effort by some Baltimore community leaders to enact a 72 hour “ceasefire” in the city. John noted the kickoff of the effort on Friday, while I’d described my own concerns about the prospects for success a couple of weeks earlier. It was an effort that was labeled nobody kill anybody weekend, and it was supposed to run from Friday morning until Sunday night.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/06/baltimores-nobody-kill-anybody-weekend-lasts-little-day/

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Perhaps a stronger message would have gotten better results - maybe "nobody kill nobody nohow"?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline The_Reader_David

And thus ends the first experiment with determining whether social suasion from the black community might be more effective than the laws against all forms of homicide in suppressing urban violence.

It's only one data point, but the outcome is not encouraging.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline dfwgator

Didn't work for Cyrus, neither

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcc2ltIjNU0

Offline goatprairie

Didn't work for Cyrus, neither

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcc2ltIjNU0
"Wahyas....come out and play yay" clink..clink...clink...clink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I didn't make any promises.

Offline Applewood

This was just another feel good event that did nothing to lessen violent crime.  If a community wants to rid itself of gangs and violence, it has to work together to solve the problems, not hold fluffy events and look to government to take care of things.

Offline goatprairie

This was just another feel good event that did nothing to lessen violent crime.  If a community wants to rid itself of gangs and violence, it has to work together to solve the problems, not hold fluffy events and look to government to take care of things.
If they want to cut down the gun violence, there's an easy solution one already employed in NYC....stop and frisk.  It's no secret that almost 100% of gun violence in large cities is committed by young  black and Hispanic males.
Simply allow the police to stop and frisk those young males with suitable harsh punishment and prison for possession of deadly weapons, and that would cut down the violence precipitously just like it did in NYC after Giuliani implemented the measures.
It won't be done because the usual suspects will cry racism and blame Evil Whitey for the minorities killing one another....like they always do.
So to say there is no solution is simply false.  There is a solution,  but people would rather see many young people (including very young children) killed than implement a suitable action to stop or curtail the violence.
They'll cite the constitution to which I say, the constitution is not a suicide pact.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If they want to cut down the gun violence, there's an easy solution one already employed in NYC....stop and frisk.  It's no secret that almost 100% of gun violence in large cities is committed by young  black and Hispanic males.
Simply allow the police to stop and frisk those young males with suitable harsh punishment and prison for possession of deadly weapons, and that would cut down the violence precipitously just like it did in NYC after Giuliani implemented the measures.
It won't be done because the usual suspects will cry racism and blame Evil Whitey for the minorities killing one another....like they always do.
So to say there is no solution is simply false.  There is a solution,  but people would rather see many young people (including very young children) killed than implement a suitable action to stop or curtail the violence.
They'll cite the constitution to which I say, the constitution is not a suicide pact.

Common sense policing methods and Social "Justice" will always be at odds with one another.

One way seeks to end the violence...the other seeks to assign guilt for the violence while never fixing the problem.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:48:34 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

the other seeks to assign guilt for the violence while never fixing the problem.
It is a diversion so that the real underlying causes of the problem are not fixated upon.

It is the reason why guns are never the issue - they never decide to kill anybody, which any simpleton knows. 

Must find a bogeyman so the truth of how the societal degradation caused by lack of morality and government interference will not be prominent.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online LMAO

There actually is only two solutions.

1)A major culture shift in the inner city black community or

2)Declaration of Martial Law in these cities with Federal troops occupying them and restoring and maintaining order

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

2)Declaration of Martial Law in these cities with Federal troops occupying them and restoring and maintaining order
Won't need fed troops....just allow the police to stop and frisk with stiff punishment for arrestees caught with weapons. Won't happen for the reasons I cited in a previous post.
The race-baiting libs would rather have thousands of minorities (among them hundreds of small children) killed every year rather than admit the problem is with feral, black and Hispanic males.

Online LMAO

Won't need fed troops....just allow the police to stop and frisk with stiff punishment for arrestees caught with weapons. Won't happen for the reasons I cited in a previous post.
The race-baiting libs would rather have thousands of minorities (among them hundreds of small children) killed every year rather than admit the problem is with feral, black and Hispanic males.

Liberalism isn't about solutions. It's about allowing liberals to feel good about defending an aggrieved group regardless of the consequences
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Applewood

As to no. 1, it seems many don't want to make any changes. Much of the problem stems from dysfunctional families or no families at all.  Kids are left to find out things on their own, or the parents leave their parental responsibilities to the government.   Kids get no love and guidance at home, so they join gangs to "belong." 

A few years ago, a local black minister decided to hold workshops to teach young black men how to be good fathers.  Only 2 young men showed up.  Others criticized the reverend, accusing him of butting into their private lives.  One of them called the reverend  an Oreo and accused him of helping whitey destroy black men.  (No, I didn't get that one either. )

As long as residents resist changing the way things are, there won't be any changes.

Wingnut

Baltimore, D.C. and Chicago  Outside of all the killings, they have some of the lowest crime rates in the country.  So they have that going for themselves/

Offline goatprairie

As to no. 1, it seems many don't want to make any changes. Much of the problem stems from dysfunctional families or no families at all.  Kids are left to find out things on their own, or the parents leave their parental responsibilities to the government.   Kids get no love and guidance at home, so they join gangs to "belong." 

A few years ago, a local black minister decided to hold workshops to teach young black men how to be good fathers.  Only 2 young men showed up.  Others criticized the reverend, accusing him of butting into their private lives.  One of them called the reverend  an Oreo and accused him of helping whitey destroy black men.  (No, I didn't get that one either. )

As long as residents resist changing the way things are, there won't be any changes.
"As long as residents resist changing the way things are, there won't be any changes"

The appeals and good wishes for the residents of American's inner cities to change have been going on for decades. Nothing changes, because they don't want to change. They like things the way they are.  Subsistence living and blame all your problems on Evil Whitey.
I believe in more drastic actions. Severe slashes in gov. aid and much tougher law enforcement.  There's no other way.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO wrote:
"There actually is only two solutions.
1) A major culture shift in the inner city black community or
2) Declaration of Martial Law in these cities with Federal troops occupying them and restoring and maintaining order"

In that case, there's only one.