Author Topic: Maryland city mulling over idea to let undocumented residents vote  (Read 280 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A D.C. suburb in Maryland is considering a plan that would give undocumented immigrants the right to vote, making their city the largest in the Old Line State to do so.

The city, which is home of the University of Maryland’s main campus and nearly 30,000 residents, is weighing approval of the new measure to let noncitizens cast ballots for mayor and City Council, The Baltimore Sun reported Sunday.

Supporters of the measure say that local elections focus on issues like trash collection, and other municipal services and they are issues that affect residents of the city, regardless of their citizenship status.

“These are folks who have a significant stake in our community, and who rely on the facilities in our city,” College Park City Councilwoman Christine Nagle, who is sponsoring the measure, said to the newspaper. “To me, it just made sense.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/07/maryland-city-mulling-over-idea-to-let-undocumented-residents-vote.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Maryland city mulling over idea to let undocumented residents vote
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:38:11 pm »
I don't care what the idiots do locally but the problem that no one ever seems to address is what prevents them from voting in statewide and federal elections? Do they get a separate ballot with only local races on it?

Around here our ballots cover everything.  Local school funding issues, village council, township, county, college administrations, state and federal all the way up to the presidency.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:39:17 pm »
I don't care what the idiots do locally but the problem that no one ever seems to address is what prevents them from voting in statewide and federal elections? Do they get a separate ballot with only local races on it?

Around here our ballots cover everything.  Local school funding issues, village council, township, county, college administrations, state and federal all the way up to the presidency.

I'm guessing they get to vote state wide.  That's what the rest of the story seemed to indicate.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 03:48:09 pm »
I'm guessing they get to vote state wide.  That's what the rest of the story seemed to indicate.

I don't have a problem if the idiots want to allow illegals to vote in city wide elections but the problem is that they're being given ballots that contain races well beyond the city.