Author Topic: Norman Lear plans to boycott Kennedy Center Honors reception hosted by Trump  (Read 222 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Greg Braxton

Legendary producer Norman Lear, one of the honorees of the upcoming Kennedy Center Honors, said he will not attend the pre-awards reception hosted by President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump in protest of some of the president’s policies.

Lear said he will attend the award ceremony at the Kennedy Center on Dec. 3 but won’t go to the reception beforehand.

“I am honored to accept the award, I could not respect the arts and humanities more, and I could not be more honored to be in the company that are being honored,” Lear said in a telephone interview on Friday. “But I will not be going to the White House.”

more
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-norman-lear-kennedy-center-honors-20170804-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Be a real man Norm .... boycott the award, too.

Wingnut

These types of awards to old out of work  hollywood and TV show folk hasbeens should be awarded posthumously.