Author Topic: Trump? What about the 'chaos' in the Obama White House?  (Read 840 times)

Offline Dartman

Trump? What about the 'chaos' in the Obama White House?
« on: August 06, 2017, 11:57:14 am »
In a newspaper piece about a White House in turmoil, a prominent paper described an atmosphere of beleaguered aides confused by their unscripted boss, a man who needed a "rudder on what many believed was a loose and listing ship."

This is not from a recent piece about President Donald Trump's White House. The Washington Post, in 1997, wrote this about President Bill Clinton and the state of his presidency in mid-1994.

Read more here http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/05/trump-what-about-the-chaos-in-the-obama-white-house

This is an excellent article. Really puts things in perspective.
Justin Trudeau and Barack Obama say "ISIL". The rest of the world says "ISIS". Hmmm ...

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump? What about the 'chaos' in the Obama White House?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 01:10:24 pm »
I suppose most presidential administrations have experienced upheaval or controversy, and yes, people have quit or been fired -- but not to the extent of the current administration and not so many in a little more than the first 6 months. 

I still say most of the chaos is being orchestrated.  Trump became a household name through his reality TV show. Reality TV needs to have manufactured drama to make it interesting.  This is what Trump knows how to do.  He has to keep his supporters engaged and interested.  Otherwise they will move on to some other reality TV show.  One thing Trump can't stand is to not be the center of attention. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 01:16:12 pm »
Who cares?

Obama isn't president anymore.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 01:16:56 pm »
Who cares?

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 01:19:30 pm »
I suppose most presidential administrations have experienced upheaval or controversy, and yes, people have quit or been fired -- but not to the extent of the current administration and not so many in a little more than the first 6 months. 

I still say most of the chaos is being orchestrated.  Trump became a household name through his reality TV show. Reality TV needs to have manufactured drama to make it interesting.  This is what Trump knows how to do.  He has to keep his supporters engaged and interested.  Otherwise they will move on to some other reality TV show.  One thing Trump can't stand is to not be the center of attention.

I'm old enough to remember that Trump's rise to fame began with him as a willing participant in tabloid TV like Current Affairs in the mid 80s.

Degenerate trash.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 01:24:24 pm »
Who cares?

But FAR too many of the people he put in place are still there!  FAR too many!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 03:34:20 pm »
"What about". The author is such a monumental idiot, he uses a whataboutism and even says "what about".

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 11:38:51 pm »
In a newspaper piece about a White House in turmoil, a prominent paper described an atmosphere of beleaguered aides confused by their unscripted boss, a man who needed a "rudder on what many believed was a loose and listing ship."

This is not from a recent piece about President Donald Trump's White House. The Washington Post, in 1997, wrote this about President Bill Clinton and the state of his presidency in mid-1994.

Read more here http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/05/trump-what-about-the-chaos-in-the-obama-white-house

This is an excellent article. Really puts things in perspective.

@Dartman

What about...what about...what about.

I think it would be a lot more productive for the nation to focus on the current administration.  You know, the one we have.

Offline Dartman

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 04:30:36 pm »
@Dartman

What about...what about...what about.

I think it would be a lot more productive for the nation to focus on the current administration.  You know, the one we have.

I think the article was aimed at "low information voters". You know, the ones who never heard for eight years about what was really going on in the Obama administration. They are now being bombarded daily with the MSM's take on what is going on in the White House. It's all as if this is the first time there has ever been any kind of turmoil in government. I think that's all the author was trying to say.

@CatherineofAragon

Justin Trudeau and Barack Obama say "ISIL". The rest of the world says "ISIS". Hmmm ...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 05:43:59 pm »
Who cares?

No, thank goodness, but he still holds the title of Worst President Ever and sometimes we need to be reminded of that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.