Author Topic: Dershowitz: 'Ethnic and Racial' Composition of Jury Pool Stack Deck Against Trump  (Read 370 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Chuck Ross
4:27 PM 08/04/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/04/dershowitz-ethnic-and-racial-composition-of-muellers-jury-pool-stacks-deck-against-trump/

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s decision to impanel a grand jury in Washington, D.C. will prove “very unfavorable” to President Trump, in part because of the “ethnic and racial composition” of jury members, says constitutional lawyer Alan Dershowitz.

“I think it’s a tactical move designed to send a message that if the prosecutor decides to prosecute, he will have a real advantage with the jury pool where the case will be held,” Dershowitz said in an interview on Friday with WABC radio host Rita Cosby.

The retired Harvard Law School professor was responding to new reports that Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington D.C. in addition to one already active in Alexandria, Va.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 09:02:36 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think Dershowitz is right. 

Offline skeeter

dailycaller
Chuck Ross
4:27 PM 08/04/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/04/dershowitz-ethnic-and-racial-composition-of-muellers-jury-pool-stacks-deck-against-trump/

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s decision to impanel a grand jury in Washington, D.C. will prove “very unfavorable” to President Trump, in part because of the “ethnic and racial composition” of jury members, says constitutional lawyer Alan Dershowitz.

“I think it’s a tactical move designed to send a message that if the prosecutor decides to prosecute, he will have a real advantage with the jury pool where the case will be held,” Dershowitz said in an interview on Friday with WABC radio host Rita Cosby.

The retired Harvard Law School professor was responding to new reports that Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington D.C. in addition to one already active in Alexandria, Va.

I'm not sure how it can be done, but this whole independent council farce needs to be squashed. Everybody knows what game is being played here and if they succeed in destroying this administration the damage that will be done to the publics confidence in the electoral system will be irreparable.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:05:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm not sure how it can be done, but this whole independent council farce needs to be squashed. Everybody knows what game is being played here and if they succeed in destroying this administration the damage that will be done to the publics confidence in the electoral system will be irrepairable.

I agree.  It's already close to irreparable, but this will be very bad.

Oceander

Prosecutors always have the edge with a grand jury, no matter who's in hock. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is much ado about nothing.

The grand jury could return a recommendation of a murder indictment against the president, yet no law enforcement officer in America could do anything to promulgate it.

The only course of action to "try" a sitting president is in the Senate as prescribed by The Constitution: a trial of impeachment.

And that trial cannot begin until articles of impeachment have been returned by the House of Representatives. And this, folks, simply ain't gonna happen.

Of course no one's going to listen to me, but if they did, I'd recommend to Mr. Trump that he fire Mueller immediately, then take the heat until it subsided. What did that ol' guy Truman have to say about that?