Author Topic: President Trump: Weekly Address: Aug 4, 2017  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump: Weekly Address: Aug 4, 2017
« on: August 06, 2017, 01:50:59 pm »
President Trump:  Weekly Address:  Aug 4, 2017
YouTube

American Dream Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ju-Qxg7dMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ju-Qxg7dMY

Offline aligncare

Re: President Trump: Weekly Address: Aug 4, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 02:03:47 pm »

Yeah, but didn't Trump once use the P word in a private conversation caught on tape?

Well, then. That negates everything he said about the economy improving under his leadership.

Can you imagine, a man using the P word? What was he thinking?

Never mind answering.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 02:25:16 pm »
Like your tag line @aligncare    ^-^

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 10:28:08 pm »
Weekly Address should actually be Addresses Weakly. 

Last fall, he accused Yellen of being political and manipulating interest rates, putting us in 'a big, fat, ugly investment bubble.'  Now, the seems to be robust.  Same with the unemployment numbers, which he referred to as 'such a phony number, one of the biggest hoaxes in American modern politics' and 'the biggest joke there is.'

Sean Hannity, the biggest Trump supporter around, constantly refers to the labor force participation rate.  It hasn't changed dramatically enough to justify the 'real' unemployment numbers the president now claims.

He cannot have it both ways.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 10:47:15 pm »
Yeah, but didn't Trump once use the P word in a private conversation caught on tape?

Well, then. That negates everything he said about the economy improving under his leadership.

Can you imagine, a man using the P word? What was he thinking?

Never mind answering.

I like watching you argue with your imaginary enemy.  It's cute. 

Thank you for posting the President's address.  Maybe President Reagan could read it right off the teleprompter but Trump should practice a couple times or maybe the white house could get a bigger screen.  He looks terrible all hunched forward and squinty.  Maybe glasses would make the President look smarter?

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 10:59:35 pm »
I like watching you argue with your imaginary enemy.  It's cute. 

Thank you for posting the President's address.  Maybe President Reagan could read it right off the teleprompter but Trump should practice a couple times or maybe the white house could get a bigger screen.  He looks terrible all hunched forward and squinty.  Maybe glasses would make the President look smarter?

You forgot to mention the weird, alternating side angle and head-on shot editing.  Perhaps the A/V Club at Barron's school did the work.

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 11:20:27 pm »
You forgot to mention the weird, alternating side angle and head-on shot editing.  Perhaps the A/V Club at Barron's school did the work.
You know that is a good point.  President Trump starred in his popular reality show for 15 years?  How can he look this stiff?  You know who he looks like?  Historian John Gill from Star Trek Patterns of Force.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:33:15 am by Once-Ler »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 11:33:24 pm »
Weekly Address should actually be Addresses Weakly. 

Last fall, he accused Yellen of being political and manipulating interest rates, putting us in 'a big, fat, ugly investment bubble.'  Now, the seems to be robust.  Same with the unemployment numbers, which he referred to as 'such a phony number, one of the biggest hoaxes in American modern politics' and 'the biggest joke there is.'

Sean Hannity, the biggest Trump supporter around, constantly refers to the labor force participation rate.  It hasn't changed dramatically enough to justify the 'real' unemployment numbers the president now claims.

He cannot have it both ways.

??? Trump mentioned that our GDP is @ 2.6% and unemployment numbers are the lowest in 14 years ... he has also acknowledged recently that he is not satisfied with the unemployment numbers because he doesn't feel it reflects those that have stopped looking for work.  So I'm not so sure how you see this as anything but a positive direction for our economy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 11:35:02 pm »

Really?  President Trump is addressing the positive progress on the economy and you're worried about camera angles and head shots?  Good grief!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 11:47:51 pm »
??? Trump mentioned that our GDP is @ 2.6% and unemployment numbers are the lowest in 14 years ... he has also acknowledged recently that he is not satisfied with the unemployment numbers because he doesn't feel it reflects those that have stopped looking for work.  So I'm not so sure how you see this as anything but a positive direction for our economy.

Well – I think I've already addressed the unemployment numbers. As for the GDP growth, let's take a trip back to last October when he referred to the 2.9% 3rd quarter growth as 'modest.'  It's higher than 2.6, yet he said in the address theses were numbers not expected to be seen for 'a long time.' 

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain or the myriad contradictory things he's said before.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 11:50:40 pm »
Well – I think I've already addressed the unemployment numbers. As for the GDP growth, let's take a trip back to last October when he referred to the 2.9% 3rd quarter growth as 'modest.'  It's higher than 2.6, yet he said in the address theses were numbers not expected to be seen for 'a long time.' 

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain or the myriad contradictory things he's said before.

Last October he was not president.  I for one am more concerned with the actual numbers that are coming out now that he's president.  Besides, do you have a link??

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 11:50:50 pm »
Really?  President Trump is addressing the positive progress on the economy and you're worried about camera angles and head shots?  Good grief!

I'm not worried about it – I was addressing another poster's comment about the awkwardness of the presentation. However, the production is rather amateurish, much like the handling of the executive branch so far.

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2017, 11:55:41 pm »
Last October he was not president.  I for one am more concerned with the actual numbers that are coming out now that he's president.  Besides, do you have a link??

It does not matter if he was president last October, he called the 2.9% growth 'modest and dismal.'  It's extremely hypocritical to say that, then tout lower growth as something great. As for the link, here you go.....

https://web.archive.org/web/20161030061123/https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/dismal-growth-numbers-underscore-need-for-change

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 01:56:42 am »
Really?  You're indignant that somebody is mocking the President of the United States while he takes credit for the good economy his show's writers I mean...economic advisors...included in the first season?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 02:04:59 am »
Really?  You're indignant that somebody is mocking the President of the United States while he takes credit for the good economy his show's writers I mean...economic advisors...included in the first season?

Then in the same light, anything that goes wrong with the economy you won't blame on President Trump, you'll blame it on his show writers, correct?  For that matter, let's not hold him responsible for anything, we'll blame it on fake news, Congress, his show writers, his press secretary, his AG, etc., etc.

Trump has not been a favorite of mine, not in the least, but I do give him credit when I feel it is due.  The only issue I have ever had confidence in Trump is the economy; that's not saying that we're going to like what and how he improves the economy, but I believe his economic policy will prevail in the long run.

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 02:32:15 am »
Then in the same light, anything that goes wrong with the economy you won't blame on President Trump, you'll blame it on his show writers, correct?  For that matter, let's not hold him responsible for anything, we'll blame it on fake news, Congress, his show writers, his press secretary, his AG, etc., etc.

Trump has not been a favorite of mine, not in the least, but I do give him credit when I feel it is due.  The only issue I have ever had confidence in Trump is the economy; that's not saying that we're going to like what and how he improves the economy, but I believe his economic policy will prevail in the long run.

As somebody with a job, and trying to find a better job, I can honestly say that government economic figures do not reflect reality.  The unemployment rate in Dane County WI has been under  4% since the middle of 2014.  There are a million part time service jobs and little else.  Whether the guy lying to me is black or orange...don't put shoes on my baby.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 03:56:24 am »
As somebody with a job, and trying to find a better job, I can honestly say that government economic figures do not reflect reality.  The unemployment rate in Dane County WI has been under  4% since the middle of 2014.  There are a million part time service jobs and little else.  Whether the guy lying to me is black or orange...don't put shoes on my baby.

I hear you and I can relate. The area that I live in, in Florida was one of the hardest areas hit during the economic downturn, and we are just now starting to see our economy turn around. I also attribute the turn around to our governor. In watching Trump's speech in VA, he specifically pointed out that though the unemployment rate has dropped and the figures coming in are impressive, but he also realizes that the figure isn't low enough and most importantly, that figure doesn't reflect those that have dropped off the unemployment records or who have given up looking for work.  What is Walker doing to help bring in jobs?