Author Topic: Trump turns on GOP Congress  (Read 2667 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump turns on GOP Congress
« on: August 04, 2017, 01:34:46 pm »
Trump turns on GOP Congress
By Jordain Carney and Cristina Marcos - 08/04/17 06:02 AM EDT

President Trump is firing pointed criticism at the GOP Congress, ripping lawmakers for sending him a Russian sanctions bill he hates while failing to negotiate an ObamaCare repeal bill.

While tensions between the president and GOP lawmakers have been simmering for months, the latest exchanges suggest a turn in the relationship.

Trump lamented Thursday that the U.S.-Russia relationship is “at an all-time and very dangerous low.”

“You can thank Congress, the same people that can’t even give us [health care]!” he tweeted.

more

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/345253-trump-turns-on-gop-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump turns on GOP Congress
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 01:43:55 pm »
Great deal-making technique.  Attacking those you want something from has worked so well so far, doofus.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:46:10 pm »
It was no surprise.   He has donated millions to the dems and isn't going to attack them.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 01:50:30 pm »
Great deal-making technique.  Attacking those you want something from has worked so well so far, doofus.

I do see his point when it comes to repealing ObamaCare.

They had seven years of  talking about repeal,  and when they are finally in a position to do it, they can't
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:54:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 01:54:21 pm »

They had seven years of  talking about repeal,  and when they are finally in a position to do it, they can't

But it's not exclusively Congress' fault  As I recall, Trump also promised repeal of Obamacare during last year's presidential campaign.  So I would think he would have made some effort to work with Republican leaders to come up with repeal legislation.  As president, he  should have had some influence or input in the process.  But as far as I can tell, he did little, if anything.   Looks like he left the job to Congress  and when it became obvious those idiots weren't going to do what they promised, he took to Twitter to whine, moan and complain.  And he wonders why Congress won't work with him.  The president is supposed to be a leader.  I don't see any leadership here.  All I see is a whiny 2-year-old.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 02:06:56 pm by Applewood »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 01:56:31 pm »
It was no surprise.   He has donated millions to the dems and isn't going to attack them.

We attack them @Rivergirl .... are you suggesting we have donated to democrats?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 02:03:45 pm »

He's loaded the White house with democrats starting with his family.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 02:09:32 pm »
the latest exchanges suggest a turn in the relationship

What's different?  Congress hates Trump, Trump hate Congress.  Same as it was a year ago.

The only change that has occurred in the past year is that after becoming president Trump reached out to the mob, who promptly gave him half an arm.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 02:25:56 pm »
Stop complaining, Mr. President, and start doing.  Eliminate the congressional subsidy under Obamacare.  So far, I haven't seen much action to match your bluster.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 02:30:40 pm »
But it's not exclusively Congress' fault  As I recall, Trump also promised repeal of Obamacare during last year's presidential campaign.  So I would think he would have made some effort to work with Republican leaders to come up with repeal legislation.  As president, he  should have had some influence or input in the process.  But as far as I can tell, he did little, if anything.   Looks like he left the job to Congress  and when it became obvious those idiots weren't going to do what they promised, he took to Twitter to whine, moan and complain.  And he wonders why Congress won't work with him.  The president is supposed to be a leader.  I don't see any leadership here.  All I see is a whiny 2-year-old.

Thank you for explaining it far better than I could.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 02:32:54 pm »
Yes, people want ObamaCare repealed,  we get that.

The problem is, what is Trump proposing to replace it with,  does he have any idea?  Or did he just want to take the credit for repealing ObamaCare, and to him, it didn't matter what Congress came up with, as long as he could say that he repealed ObamaCare.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 02:34:40 pm »
Stop complaining, Mr. President, and start doing.  Eliminate the congressional subsidy under Obamacare.  So far, I haven't seen much action to match your bluster.

Congress gets a lower or equal employer contribution percentage than the average American...

https://www.zanebenefits.com/blog/what-percent-of-health-insurance-is-paid-by-employers

In 2015, the average company-provided health insurance policy totaled $6,251 a year for single coverage. On average, employers paid 83 percent of the premium, or $5,179 a year. Employees paid the remaining 17 percent, or $1,071 a year.

For family coverage, the average policy totaled $17,545 a year with employers contributing, on average, 72 percent or $12,591. Employees paid the remaining 28 percent or $4,955 a year.

The latter is the percentage that Congress pays (28% by the member).

And if Obamacare is repealed, their benefits will go up, as they'll qualify for the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 02:44:09 pm »

So, it's only mostly Congress' fault. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 03:03:00 pm »

The dirty little secret is they never intended to repal it.  Like the "I'm gonna make Mexico pay for the way" line...claiming to repeal Obama care "root and branch" has turned out to just be another throw away campaign line used to rile up the base.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 03:03:40 pm »

The problem is, what is Trump proposing to replace it with,  does he have any idea?  Or did he just want to take the credit for repealing ObamaCare, and to him, it didn't matter what Congress came up with, as long as he could say that he repealed ObamaCare.

He made it very clear during the primaries he wants to replace it with single payer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 03:16:03 pm »
Thank you for explaining it far better than I could.

Although I disagree with the explanation offered by Applewood 100%, I'll set that aside for the moment.  What do you expect to happen next?

Maybe Congress will return from the Bahamas all tanned and ready to actually deliver on their promises.  A little sand between the toes has a way of clearing one's mind.  And maybe pigs can fly.  There is no reason to expect Congress to have a sudden change of heart.

And let's not forget Reince Priebus was brought on board for one reason and one reason only, to build a bridge between the GOP and the president.  It wasn't because he was a nice guy and it wasn't because he was the best man for the job.  His job was to build a bridge and he failed.

So that leaves Option B.  Like pretty much everything else in life we can do things the easy way or we can do things the hard way.  The hard way it is.

Trump has a great deal of flexibility when it comes to sticking the knife in, and after the recent Night Of The Long Knives that Congress has put him through right about now would be excellent timing to return the favor.  He can force Congressional staffers to go on ObamaCaid, for example, and get stuck with Medicaid like millions of other Americans who have been fleeced to the core.  He can also force Congress to do a dozen other things they won't like one bit, but screw them.  We've tried it the easy way, now we'll do it the hard way.

The Sopranocrats in Congress will bitch and moan of course, and the Never Trumpers on this board will toss in their 1-1/2 cents and blame it all on Trump, but for those who pay attention it was all just a foregone conclusion.  We hit a fork in the road and Congress made their choice, now they have to live with their choice.  And if you think things are ugly now just wait - it ain't going to be pretty.  But that's what happens when you make bad choices and Congress has made theirs.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 03:19:46 pm »
Although I disagree with the explanation offered by Applewood 100%, I'll set that aside for the moment.  What do you expect to happen next?

Maybe Congress will return from the Bahamas all tanned and ready to actually deliver on their promises.  A little sand between the toes has a way of clearing one's mind.  And maybe pigs can fly.  There is no reason to expect Congress to have a sudden change of heart.

And let's not forget Reince Priebus was brought on board for one reason and one reason only, to build a bridge between the GOP and the president.  It wasn't because he was a nice guy and it wasn't because he was the best man for the job.  His job was to build a bridge and he failed.

So that leaves Option B.  Like pretty much everything else in life we can do things the easy way or we can do things the hard way.  The hard way it is.

Trump has a great deal of flexibility when it comes to sticking the knife in, and after the recent Night Of The Long Knives that Congress has put him through right about now would be excellent timing to return the favor.  He can force Congressional staffers to go on ObamaCaid, for example, and get stuck with Medicaid like millions of other Americans who have been fleeced to the core.  He can also force Congress to do a dozen other things they won't like one bit, but screw them.  We've tried it the easy way, now we'll do it the hard way.

The Sopranocrats in Congress will bitch and moan of course, and the Never Trumpers on this board will toss in their 1-1/2 cents and blame it all on Trump, but for those who pay attention it was all just a foregone conclusion.  We hit a fork in the road and Congress made their choice, now they have to live with their choice.  And if you think things are ugly now just wait - it ain't going to be pretty.  But that's what happens when you make bad choices and Congress has made theirs.

Priebus was brought on board to pay him back for his assistance at the GOP convention.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 03:27:47 pm »

As I recall, when the House passed its bill, Trump was in the news praising it as yuge, the best or something.  I think he called it a repeal, even though the bill was nothing of the sort.  I remember thinking at that time he didn't read it. 

I really don't think Trump or congress cares what is ultimately passed.  They will call any POS that is passed a repeal and be done with it.  And Trump's fans will praise him for it.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 03:34:26 pm »
...he took to Twitter to whine, moan and complain.  And he wonders why Congress won't work with him.  The president is supposed to be a leader.  I don't see any leadership here.  All I see is a whiny 2-year-old.
@Applewood
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon
@roamer_1
@txradioguy

You are correct to say, "whiny 2-year old", but should have added, "whiny attacking 2-year old".  You see his father said when Trump was very small, he was a "difficult" child to control.  Then, when Trump was in fifth grade, he physically attacked his music teacher. Trump said his music teacher didn't know much about music and that is why he attacked him/her (don't remember if music teacher was male or female).  Then, the father said he sent Trump to military school to try to change his behavior. "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior."  Trump is still the difficult child his father said he was.

After studying his past behavior up to his age of 71, I didn't think he would last four years as president.  I thought maybe after two years, something would happen - either he got impeached or he walked away or he had a physical/mental breakdown since he only sleeps 4-5 hours a night, if that much.  If you don't sleep, you die.  During the deep sleep cycle, your brain resets and the body heals itself.  I seriously doubt he enters deep sleep; if he doesn't his brain stays agitated and we get strange tweets from him.

I knew he would live in chaos he created as he has created it every day of his life.  Now, after seeing the first six months, chaos every day, I doubt he will last two years until one of the above happens.  I get accused of "hating" Trump.  I evaluate behavior as I have done over 20 years, and it is what it is.  One can see patterns of behavior in people that happens over and over and that means those patterns are set in that person.

I have Fibromyalgia.  I have a set pattern of behavior every morning dealing with that.  I have a one cup coffee maker.  it makes one cup really fast.  I do nothing until that cup is made and I drink it.  By that time, my muscles have settled down and stop hurting.  Don't mess with my pattern of behavior or I will have to kill you.   :nono:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 03:35:43 pm »
So, it's only mostly Congress' fault.

A lot of blame to go around.  I will even take some blame as a voter for being stupid enough to believe Republican candidates when they promised to repeal Obamacare.  We all should have known that none of them had any intention of keeping their promises, but we believe them and vote for them because Democrats would be far worse. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but they can all kiss my fat fanny.  I won't be voting for any of them ever again.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 03:36:33 pm »
As I recall, when the House passed its bill, Trump was in the news praising it as yuge, the best or something.  I think he called it a repeal, even though the bill was nothing of the sort.  I remember thinking at that time he didn't read it. 

I really don't think Trump or congress cares what is ultimately passed.  They will call any POS that is passed a repeal and be done with it.  And Trump's fans will praise him for it.

The sad truth is both parties want Single-Payer, and Trump is on the record as praising the Canadian System.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 03:37:34 pm »
A lot of blame to go around.  I will even take some blame as a voter for being stupid enough to believe Republican candidates when they promised to repeal Obamacare.  We all should have known that none of them had any intention of keeping their promises, but we believe them and vote for them because Democrats would be far worse. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but they can all kiss my fat fanny.  I won't be voting for any of them ever again.

Trump should know this better than anyone:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 03:37:38 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 05:20:54 pm »

I knew he would live in chaos he created as he has created it every day of his life.  Now, after seeing the first six months, chaos every day, I doubt he will last two years until one of the above happens.  I get accused of "hating" Trump.  I evaluate behavior as I have done over 20 years, and it is what it is.  One can see patterns of behavior in people that happens over and over and that means those patterns are set in that person.

Most of what you posted are fair observations,
but I feel compelled to comment on the part I highlighted.
The "mainstream" fake news is greatly exaggerating the "chaos."
They grossly distort the facts.  It's who they are.  It's what they do.

And the chaos that does exist is largely caused by
The Donald trusting people he should not trust.
Like General McMaster. 
That guy needs to be COURT-MARTIALED for what he did this week!
Not just fired!

Generals are NOT soldiers!  They are POLITICIANS!
It takes an act of Congress to become a General!
Only the most politically correct people are allowed to be Generals!

Most politicians are con artists.
We elected The Donald to clean out the corruption in DC.
All the failures of the last seven months are NOT his fault!

All these failures are the corrupt DC Establishment
giving America a giant "F*** you!!!!!!!"

They're saying, "F*** you and your election, America!
WE will keep telling you how it is!
Now shut up and keep eating our s***!
And be grateful to us for forcing it on you!"
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 05:30:28 pm »
He'll be best buds with the next democrat-controlled Congress.