Author Topic: Senate Confirms Final Two Seats AT FCC That Have Been Vacant For Months  (Read 300 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
ERIC LIEBERMAN
Tech and Law Reporter
5:02 PM 08/03/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/03/senate-confirms-final-two-seats-at-fcc-that-have-been-vacant-for-months/

The Senate confirmed Republican Brendan Carr and Democrat Jessica Rosenworcel Thursday to the final two seats on the Federal Communications Commission, after several months of no one filling the positions.

President Donald Trump nominated Carr and Rosenworcel in June. They join Republican FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, Democratic Commissioner Mignon Clyburn, and Republican Michael O’Rielly at the agency, completing the traditional five-seat board.

“I am really excited to have Brendan and Jessica working at the FCC soon as Commissioners. They are both talented public servants,” Pai told The Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview. “I have the chance to get to know each of them very well over my time at the Commission. I am really optimistic about the skills and the dedication they bring to the table. They both know these issues pretty well, whether it’s wireless, or public safety, or the like.”
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Wingnut

Re: Senate Confirms Final Two Seats AT FCC That Have Been Vacant For Months
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:36:28 pm »
The pro net neutrality crowd must be up in arms over Jessica Rosenworcel being confirmed!  She is A dem that they consider a shill for big biddness.   

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:46:20 pm »
So the FCC won't let me be or let me be me so let me see...
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 12:46:31 am »
dailycaller
ERIC LIEBERMAN
Tech and Law Reporter
5:02 PM 08/03/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/03/senate-confirms-final-two-seats-at-fcc-that-have-been-vacant-for-months/

The Senate confirmed Republican Brendan Carr and Democrat Jessica Rosenworcel Thursday to the final two seats on the Federal Communications Commission, after several months of no one filling the positions.

President Donald Trump nominated Carr and Rosenworcel in June. They join Republican FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, Democratic Commissioner Mignon Clyburn, and Republican Michael O’Rielly at the agency, completing the traditional five-seat board.

“I am really excited to have Brendan and Jessica working at the FCC soon as Commissioners. They are both talented public servants,” Pai told The Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview. “I have the chance to get to know each of them very well over my time at the Commission. I am really optimistic about the skills and the dedication they bring to the table. They both know these issues pretty well, whether it’s wireless, or public safety, or the like.”

So the only reason the posts were vacant for 'months' is that Trump didn't nominate someone till June. 

A June to early August confirmation timeline isn't exactly a case of Congress dragging their feet.