Author Topic: Obamacare: Meanwhile, Canada's 'Free' Healthcare Is Also Exploding  (Read 724 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
It has never worked anywhere it's been tried. So Congress is going to 'Get it Right'? this time?

dailycaller
DAVID KRAYDEN
12:12 PM 08/03/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/03/meanwhile-canadas-free-health-care-system-is-also-exploding/

“Free” Canadian healthcare is not free, according to a report released Tuesday by noted conservative Canadian think-tank, The Fraser Institute.

The report illuminates that a “typical Canadian family of four will pay $12,057 for health care in 2017—an increase of nearly 70 percent over the last 20 years.”

Canada operates under a medicare system that is understood as single-payer. Not only does the federal government use money from its general revenue to finance this taxpayer-funded health care system, individual provinces also contribute by raising money through special levies that are deducted when Canadians pay their income tax.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LMAO

Re: Obamacare: Meanwhile, Canada's 'Free' Healthcare Is Also Exploding
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 02:02:15 pm »
At the time ObamaCare was being debated, a report came out from Canada showing that their healthcare system is unsustainable.

It seems "free" healthcare is pretty expensive
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 02:37:36 pm »
My mother's side of the family is Canadian.

Guess where they all come when they want to get surgery?

Yep - The U.S. They can't get the surgery they need in Canada without long waits, so they come here.

For some reason, libtards who want to tell me how great the Canadian socialized medicine is can't seem to grasp when I can refute it with actual personal, family experiences. They insist that *I* am the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Sigh.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 08:26:00 pm »

For some reason, libtards who want to tell me how great the Canadian socialized medicine is can't seem to grasp when I can refute it with actual personal, family experiences. They insist that *I* am the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Sigh.

The essence of modern Liberalism.

The triumph of Hope over Experience.

Rather than do their homework, they swallow whatever they Want to hear from hustlers who've repackaged the facts.

Especially when it involves getting someone else to pay their bills.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 08:26:28 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Millee

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 08:37:22 pm »

Especially when it involves getting someone else to pay their bills.

The party of "gimme-dat". 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 08:53:13 pm »

Yep - The U.S. They can't get the surgery they need in Canada without long waits, so they come here.

Sigh.

My mother had relatives in North Bay, Ontario and we used to visit them once a year.  They insisted they were happy with their "free" health care.  When I pointed out to one of them that the "free" health care isn't really free, that he pays exorbitant taxes to finance that "free" health care for himself and probably a whole bunch of freeloaders, he said that he was happy to do so.  He chided us Americans for not caring about the so-called poor and letting them die in the streets for lack of health care and he couldn't understand why we Americans weren't as compassionate toward the downtrodden as Canadians were. 

After my mother passed on in 2004, we lost contact with those relatives.  But last year I heard from another family member that the cousin in Canada with whom I had the disagreement was coming to Cleveland Clinic for heart surgery. Rumor has it he b*tched and moaned about the wait time for such a surgery in Canada and that some government official told him he might have to wait years.  I guess that "free" health care was great as long as it was something minor as a cold, but not so good for major, life-threatening illnesses or injury.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 10:01:34 pm »

Sigh.

The church I grew up in, has been providing housing and transportation for Canadians coming to the US for health care for 6 decades. 

My SIL is from Canada.  When her mother needed cancer surgery, she came here to have it done.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 10:59:05 pm »
My mother had relatives in North Bay, Ontario and we used to visit them once a year.  They insisted they were happy with their "free" health care.  When I pointed out to one of them that the "free" health care isn't really free, that he pays exorbitant taxes to finance that "free" health care for himself and probably a whole bunch of freeloaders, he said that he was happy to do so.  He chided us Americans for not caring about the so-called poor and letting them die in the streets for lack of health care and he couldn't understand why we Americans weren't as compassionate toward the downtrodden as Canadians were. 

After my mother passed on in 2004, we lost contact with those relatives.  But last year I heard from another family member that the cousin in Canada with whom I had the disagreement was coming to Cleveland Clinic for heart surgery. Rumor has it he b*tched and moaned about the wait time for such a surgery in Canada and that some government official told him he might have to wait years.  I guess that "free" health care was great as long as it was something minor as a cold, but not so good for major, life-threatening illnesses or injury.

What's the saying, a conservative is a  liberal whose been mugged?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 11:45:33 pm »
Darn!   You mean nothing is free?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 11:49:00 pm »

Well, it is -- for you if someone else is paying for it.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 11:54:32 pm »
Only if you are the right class of people, then it's charged to someone else.

Online DB

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 12:28:33 am »
The church I grew up in, has been providing housing and transportation for Canadians coming to the US for health care for 6 decades. 

My SIL is from Canada.  When her mother needed cancer surgery, she came here to have it done.

And what do you want to bet that the statistics for Canadian citizens health includes all those procedures done here. In other words, fewer Canadians die of cancer than otherwise would occur because they come here to get it taken care of. But the fact that they survived is counted towards how great their healthcare is...

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 07:14:38 pm »

Depends on what you expect to Get, for free.