Author Topic: Democrats, Republicans worry about 'alarming' leaks of Trump phone calls  (Read 799 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats, Republicans worry about 'alarming' leaks of Trump phone calls
by Matthew Trunko | Aug 3, 2017, 2:28 PM

Democrats and Republicans on Thursday said they were worried about the leak of dozens of pages to the Washington Post detailing a phone call President Trump had with two foreign leaders.

"I am alarmed at leaks of conversations between two heads of state. It doesn't matter what I think of this president, this is terrible," said Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii.

The Washington Post published full conversations that Trump had over the phone with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto on Jan. 27 and with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on Jan. 28.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-republicans-worry-about-alarming-leaks-of-trump-phone-calls/article/2630550
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Priebus revenge?

It seems to be a consistent pattern that when someone is fired, significant leaks follow right after.

It seems as if some people are storing up 'revenge' stuff to leak if they are ever fired.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

HonestJohn

For Pete's sake...

Any two-way phone call can, and likely is, recorded by both parties.

So the leak can be at the White House... or with the government whose head Trump spoke with.

And considering just how peeved Mexico is with Trump, why *WOULDN'T* they release their tape... under the table, of course.  (European countries don't particularly like him, either.)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This whole thing is a sideshow, our problem has real problems and they just said on TV, all of these problems are like a "reality show", total malarky,

We need to take care of healthcare, etc.

I do get it that even when the Democrats control the executive branch, there is a bit of a reversal of roles, remember "you lie", though, I gather the Republicans gave Obama a lot of what he wanted. Very frustrating.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
For Pete's sake...

So the leak can be at the White House... or with the government whose head Trump spoke with.

And considering just how peeved Mexico is with Trump, why *WOULDN'T* they release their tape... under the table, of course.  (European countries don't particularly like him, either.)

That's a good point.

Offline DB

For Pete's sake...

There would be hell to pay if Mexico released the tape and it isn't in their interest to further piss off Trump. It also very unlikely two world leaders would leak the calls at the same time to the same new organization.

It nearly has to be someone in the White House. That person needs to see some jail time. Doing so will give the other leakers something to think about before doing it again.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
There would be hell to pay if Mexico released the tape and it isn't in their interest to further **** off Trump. It also very unlikely two world leaders would leak the calls at the same time to the same new organization.

It nearly has to be someone in the White House. That person needs to see some jail time. Doing so will give the other leakers something to think about before doing it again.

Is it illegal to leak something that isn't classified?

Offline DB

It was classified.

Offline Suppressed

There would be hell to pay if Mexico released the tape and it isn't in their interest to further piss off Trump.

Huh?  How would the White House know which end the leak was on?  And why isn't it in their interests to hurt Trump?

It nearly has to be someone in the White House.

I think that's far from certain.

That person needs to see some jail time. Doing so will give the other leakers something to think about before doing it again.

Agreed!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Priebus revenge?

Priebus is out.  The memo said the leaks have stopped.  I'll have to get you a copy.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Democrats, Republicans worry about 'alarming' leaks of Trump phone calls
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 12:39:55 pm »
According to another article, Conway made reference to the leak coming from the West Wing.  Kushner, Bannon or McMahon would be my guess.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/04/sessions-unveiling-leak-crackdown-on-heels-transcript-bombshell.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 12:56:17 pm »

It can be.  A great deal of info our government produces is "Sensitive But Unclassified" SBU.  It can be freely distributed within the government, but needs to be protected from foreign nationals.  One can get in trouble for failing to protect SBU info.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 08:05:06 pm »
Huh?  How would the White House know which end the leak was on?  And why isn't it in their interests to hurt Trump?

First, the White House has been leaking like a sieve since Trump has been in office. Second few have access to the conversation between the President and two different world leaders. Certainly not Mexico. Both conversations were leaked at the same time from apparently the same source to the same news service. All that points to the White House and/or the White House communications agency.