Author Topic: McCain: Trump failing on Afghanistan  (Read 817 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain: Trump failing on Afghanistan
« on: August 03, 2017, 05:33:44 pm »
McCain: Trump failing on Afghanistan
By Olivia Beavers - 08/03/17 01:00 PM EDT

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) ripped President Trump's handling of the Afghanistan War on Thursday, saying the White House has failed to provide strategic guidance since Trump took office.

Less than a week after casting the decisive vote against Trump-backed ObamaCare repeal legislation, McCain defended the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan from criticism by Trump, saying on twitter "Our commanders-in-chief, not our commanders in the field" were responsible for the failure in the country.

While McCain blamed past administrations for the problems in Afghanistan, he said in a statement that the lack "of successful policy and strategic guidance from Washington" had continued into the new administration.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/345168-mccain-trump-failing-on-afghanistan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: McCain: Trump failing on Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:39:31 pm »
I thought Trump delegated Afghanistan to Mattis and his generals?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:43:43 pm »
I hope the President follows his instincts regarding Afghanistan.

Scorch the poppy fields and the earth surrounding them ... and leave. 

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:45:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 05:46:25 pm »
This man's ridiculous behavior is making me start to despise this arrogant jerk. All he seems to want to do is flip the bird at everyone, and whip it out of his pants to pee on everything before he leaves, as well as just be as much of a general order s**tbird as possible.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:03:43 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 05:49:22 pm »
May he Rest in Peace.   The sooner the better.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 05:51:28 pm »
FV edit your comment please..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 05:59:20 pm »
So what, in particular, about Afghanistan has McCain's whiteys tighter than ever?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 06:31:06 pm »
If McCain was in charge we would currently be in WWIII.

McCain wanted to back ISIS against Russia and Assad. McCain advocated attacking Russian forces in Syria which would certainly lead to war. This was before he knew he was terminal.

Now, McCain's thoughts and opinions are even more worthless than they already were. Now that he is terminal, he has no problem starting a World War. What does he care? He will not have to live through it.

McCain is pissed off at God. He is pissed off at Death. How dare they make him leave HIS office!? So now, I imagine that he plans to do as much damage as he can before he goes, to Trump and to all his conservative enemies that he hates. Unfortunately, that list includes most of us on this forum, the Tea Party, and anyone else he feels has disrespected him over the years.

McCain is going to be a destructive wild man over the next few months, right up to the last second that he is no longer able to hurt, destroy, and to do damage. He should be expelled from the Senate immediately for his own good, as well as for the good of the country.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 06:38:35 pm »

McCain wanted to back ISIS against Russia and Assad. McCain advocated attacking Russian forces in Syria which would certainly lead to war. This was before he knew he was terminal.

None of this is confirmed, internet conspiracy. Laughable.  Stuff one reads at consortium news or a variety of Russian troll websites.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:39:30 pm by TomSea »

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 06:45:30 pm »
So what, in particular, about Afghanistan has McCain's whiteys tighter than ever?

He still can't get over his 2008 loss.  His underoos are packed so tight they will have to be surgically removed.
That is about the same time he started spouting crap about needing Paakeestan to get involved? 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 11:05:18 pm »
Senator, America Thanks You for your service.

But Please, Please, go home.

Your family needs you.

The rest of America doesn't.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 11:56:38 pm »
Our only responsibility in Afghanistan was finding and killing bin Laden.  Turns out, he was in Pakistan and he's been dead for years.  Long past time to leave.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 12:47:15 am »
Senator, America Thanks You for your service.

But Please, Please, go home.

Your family needs you.

The rest of America doesn't.

888high58888 You couldn't have been anymore polite and your message was well stated.  I hope he takes your advice.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 01:21:48 am »
May he Rest in Peace.   The sooner the better.

:amen: 

I have a bucket list of graves to piss on. First on that list is Ted Kennedy, second is John McCain.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 01:26:11 am »
:amen: 

I have a bucket list of graves to piss on. First on that list is Ted Kennedy, second is John McCain.
Followed by and not in any particular order.  Hillary Clinton.