Author Topic: Trump Praises White House, Hits Back at 'Fake News' Report  (Read 357 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Praises White House, Hits Back at 'Fake News' Report
« on: August 03, 2017, 01:08:27 pm »

By Todd Beamon   |   Wednesday, 02 Aug 2017 10:07 PM

President Donald Trump late Wednesday lauded the White House as "one of the most beautiful buildings [homes] I have ever seen" and bashed a "fake news" report he had called it a "real dump."

Here is the president's Twitter post:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I love the White House, one of the most beautiful buildings (homes) I have ever seen. But Fake News said I called it a dump - TOTALLY UNTRUE
8:29 PM - Aug 2, 2017

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/fake-news-white-house-real-dump-golf/2017/08/02/id/805461/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump Praises White House, Hits Back at 'Fake News' Report
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 01:13:11 pm »
The President Never Called the White House a Dump When Proudly Showing It Off to Me
Rush Limbaugh.com; Aug 2, 2017

<snip>

Anyway, before we sat down and had dinner, Trump gave us a tour of the White House and the residence. I had been there before, and I didn’t quite know how to handle that. I’ve been there a number of times but I don’t think President Trump knew that. And so when he said, “Rush, have you seen this?” And of course I had, no matter what it was he was showing, I said, “Never with you, sir.” And he remained enthusiastic.

But here’s the point. Wherever we went, particularly in the residence, when he was showing us the Lincoln Bedroom and the hallways, throughout the entire structure, he kept telling us how shocked he was as how luxurious the White House was. Now, the general consensus opinion going around, “Well, hell, look, Trump is a gazillionaire. He lives in a gilded penthouse on Park Avenue or Fifth Avenue. He’s got gold everywhere.” That’s what gilded means, those of you in Rio Linda. And the White House doesn’t have a lot of gold around it, and so forth. So, yeah, somebody with that kind of lifestyle, the White House might appear to be a comedown.

But he didn’t say anything other than how luxurious it was and he pointed it out, pointed out various construction things, the art on the walls, and he explained how presidents get to choose what art they want from the archives. And I made mention of the fact the Lincoln Bedroom looks entirely different than the last time I saw it. When I first was in the Lincoln Bedroom, it was a Lincoln museum in there. It was stunning.

More:  https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/08/02/the-president-never-called-the-white-house-a-dump-when-showing-it-off-to-me/

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 03:22:14 pm »
   What a quandary, Do I believe Rush or Shipnuck?  :silly:

Golf journalist: At least 8 people heard Trump call the White House a ‘dump’

By Robin Eberhardt - 08/03/17 09:00 AM EDT 

A golf journalist is standing by his report that President Trump called the White House a "dump" despite Trump's claim that it's "totally untrue."

Alan Shipnuck told Golf Magazine that eight or nine people heard Trump call the White House a dump.

Shipnuck published a report about Trump’s golfing hobby in Sports Illustrated this week, which included the reveleation that Trump called the president’s house a “real dump” compared to his New Jersey country club.

Shipnuck told Golf Magazine that a White House spokeswoman called him to demand a retraction for the statement, but that he would not do so because he heard it from multiple people and that he believes they are credible sources.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345113-golf-journalist-at-least-8-people-heard-trump-call-the-white-house-a

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 07:34:18 pm »
   What a quandary, Do I believe Rush or Shipnuck?  :silly:

Why not both?  Trump often says different things to different people.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn