Author Topic: New White House chief of staff assures attorney general his job is safe  (Read 361 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 New White House chief of staff assures attorney general his job is safe

ByREUTERS
August 3, 2017 04:35

WASHINGTON - New White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told Attorney General Jeff Sessions last weekend that his job was safe after Sessions endured several weeks of sharp public criticism from President Donald Trump, the Associated Press reported on Wednesday.

Kelly, who was named chief of staff by Trump on Friday, phoned Sessions on Saturday to reassure him the White House wanted him to remain as head of the Justice Department, AP said, citing two people familiar with the call.

more
http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/New-White-House-chief-of-staff-assures-attorney-general-his-job-is-safe-501477
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

Never believe anything until it is officially denied.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
He better not order any more business cards.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Applewood

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching a drama about King Henry VIII.  At one point, the king told his right-hand man, Thomas Cromwell, that he should not be concerned about what others say about him, that he was still in the king's favor.   In the next scene, Cromwell was arrested for treason, convicted and ultimately beheaded.

If I was Sessions, I would not trust in assurances that his job with King Donnie is secure.