General Category > Immigration/Border

Trump Touts Policy Giving Green Card Preference to High-Skilled Immigrants Who Speak English, Don't Take Welfare

(1/4) > >>

rangerrebew:

Trump Touts Policy Giving Green Card Preference to High-Skilled Immigrants Who Speak English, Don't Take Welfare

(CNSNews.com) - President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced legislation on immigration reform that changes the way green cards are issued to people who want permanent U.S. residency.

Instead of giving green cards to low-skilled immigrants, the RAISE act gives preference to high-skilled immigrants who speak English, can support themselves financially and will not collect welfare.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/trump-touts-immigration-reform-bill-gives-green-card-preference-high

aligncare:
Proposing long overdue reform of our insane immigration policies puts Trump in contention for Mt. Rushmore, in my opinion.

Plus I have the added pleasure of seeing the incessantly petty NeverTrump critics reaction, as PRESIDENT Trump continues knocking down every 'he ain't conservative' straw man they reflexively regurgitate. Amusing and quite tasty, really, because he is proving them wrong, yet again.

aligncare:
Today Rush has been analyzing the Miller exchange with Acosta over the immigration changes proposed by PRESIDENT Trump; all very common sense conservative solutions to the immigration mess.

Let's see if Trump can light a fire under the congress.

Weird Tolkienish Figure:
Not a bad idea actually.

Free Vulcan:
Only caveat I would add is that the business must advertise the job for so long before bringing in an immigrant, and must pay the same wage as originally advertised.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version