Author Topic: Why Trump Wants to Audit the Pentagon  (Read 429 times)

rangerrebew

Why Trump Wants to Audit the Pentagon
« on: August 02, 2017, 08:18:57 am »

Why Trump Wants to Audit the Pentagon

Fred Lucas

Ahead of President Donald Trump’s surprise Twitter announcement Wednesday, a Family Research Council study calculated that military supported gender-transition surgeries, hormone therapies and the lack of deployment time would cost taxpayers $3.7 billion over ten years.

It’s a figure some Republicans used on the House floor when seeking to block the military from funding for such treatments with amendments to Defense Department appropriations bills. Essentially, for some lawmakers, the issue is more about fiscal prudence than physical change, especially at a time when the military is having problems paying for weapons and body armor for soldiers.

Source URL (retrieved on August 2, 2017): http://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-trump-wants-audit-the-pentagon-21745

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Why Trump Wants to Audit the Pentagon
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:48:40 pm »
If he does this - and the President has every right to order, not request, an audit of the DoD - I'll shut up bitching about him for a month.

It's past time for an accounting. The brass piss away money on useless toys like it's water.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 04:53:24 pm »
If he does this - and the President has every right to order, not request, an audit of the DoD - I'll shut up bitching about him for a month.

It's past time for an accounting. The brass piss away money on useless toys like it's water.

:amen: My brother!   :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 05:00:30 pm »

Helped a guy with his campaign a few years back that retired as a Major and worked in the Pentagon. He said mostly what the brass did was find some way to create a new department to justify a staff and expand it as big as possible. He said there were whole departments that did nothing but shuffle paper back and forth with other similar departments.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:00:54 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 05:05:58 pm »
I've always considered commands granted to Peters to justify their time in grade while waiting for the next promotion to be in the class of useless (and expensive) toys.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 05:40:27 pm »
Helped a guy with his campaign a few years back that retired as a Major and worked in the Pentagon. He said mostly what the brass did was find some way to create a new department to justify a staff and expand it as big as possible. He said there were whole departments that did nothing but shuffle paper back and forth with other similar departments.

And such is the routine with every government organization I have ever encountered!  The size of your paycheck is largely determined by the size of the fiefdom you have managed to build for yourself!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien