Author Topic: Ann Coulter Blames Marijuana for Making ‘People Retarded’ and ‘Destroying the Country’  (Read 1186 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Go home Ann, you're drunk.

Marijuana is legal in some capacity, whether medicinally or recreationally, in more than half of the United States. But according to conservative columnist Ann Coulter, legalization of the plant is “destroying the country,” and what’s worse, it “makes people retarded.” That’s what The New York Times best-selling author had to say about cannabis while speaking at the nonpartisan political event Politicon on Saturday....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ann-coulter-blames-marijuana-making-180600756.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
What's her excuse?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What's her excuse?

My reaction too. Who knew Ann Coulter is a pothead?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Well, Deadhead might as well be pothead... :whistle:

Offline ABX

I don't know about pot, but she sure seems methed up.

Offline dfwgator

I'm sure that sentiment will not be popular with her fellow Deadheads.

Wingnut

Ann is a medical anomaly. She must be the only human who doesn't get the munchies after her daily bowl of Special K..

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't know about pot, but she sure seems methed up.

Image result for ann coulter skinny

Speaking of methed up. Nothing would ever make me do Meth, but it does seem like a killer way to lose weight. Meth users usually die. But none of them die fat.

btw, Does she have a hard-on?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:21:21 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

Speaking of methed up. Nothing would ever make me do Meth, but it does seem like a killer way to lose weight. Meth users usually die. But none of them die fat.

btw, Does she have a hard-on?

Don't ask, don't tell.

Wingnut

Hard to get fat when you have to gum a steak or any food when all your teefs falls out from the meth!

Offline goatprairie

Speaking as a non-user, I believe pot users have the right to use it just like people who drink alcohol or whatever.
Having said that I noticed that many of the rock and rollers I used to listen to and who used and praised MJ stopped making decent music  as they aged.
Paul McCartney for example.  Lot's of great stuff with the Beatles, mostly dreadful schlock  on his own.  McCartney was one of the biggest champions of pot. And there are numerous other rockers that quit making  good music in their thirties.
Speaking of the Grateful Dead, how many great hits did they have? Not a lot.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
... Speaking of the Grateful Dead, how many great hits did they have? Not a lot.

To be fair, "hits" don't necessarily mean good music.

Wingnut

Or Music at all.
 :silly: :silly:

Offline the_doc

Hey, folks, maybe she's right--not about full medical retardation, but that was not her meaning anyway.  I am concerned about the studies that definitely show that MJ causes bizarre changes in the brain.  And I know several ex-users who say that they have lost 10 or 15 IQ points from a few years of regular use of MJ.

Oceander

So does alcohol.

So does Trump.

Offline goatprairie

True....but name some of the GD's best music. I like some of their stuff, but a lot it is just meandering hippie music.

Offline dfwgator

What did one Deadhead say to the other after the drugs wore off?

"This band sucks."

Offline the_doc

So does alcohol.

So does Trump.

As I understand it, the MJ effect seems to be quicker and more profound, based on brain imaging.  And I have never met anyone who has confessed his own IQ losses on alcohol, whereas I have met those who say this about MJ. 

Offline goatprairie

As I understand it, the MJ effect seems to be quicker and more profound, based on brain imaging.  And I have never met anyone who has confessed his own IQ losses on alcohol, whereas I have met those who say this about MJ.
I've known a few people who said it had negative effects on their personality....like paranoia.  And as far as having a calming effect on people, I've got one sister who used it a lot.  She's had  Jekyl-Hyde personality for decades.
Now, did MJ cause the personality change, or was she always like that? 
Doesn't make any difference...pot supposedly makes people calmer.  Sure didn't do it for my sister.
Again, I'm for legalization.  That doesn't mean I'm for people using pot or other so-called "recreational" drugs. It just means nobody (no adult) should be punished for using it.

Offline the_doc

I've known a few people who said it had negative effects on their personality....like paranoia.  And as far as having a calming effect on people, I've got one sister who used it a lot.  She's had  Jekyl-Hyde personality for decades.
Now, did MJ cause the personality change, or was she always like that? 
Doesn't make any difference...pot supposedly makes people calmer.  Sure didn't do it for my sister.
Again, I'm for legalization.  That doesn't mean I'm for people using pot or other so-called "recreational" drugs. It just means nobody (no adult) should be punished for using it.
Yeah, I'm pretty libertarian and a strong advocate for States' rights.  But I maintain that the folks who say MJ is no worse than alcohol are just not paying attention to the data,  I had a patient who had a mild personality disorder but no history of psychotic breaks, and when he smoked a joint (which I had not prescribed, by the way), he shot up his house from the inside.  One of my shrink friends later told me that fully psychotic episodes associated with MJ are more common than most people realize.

(Just sayin')

HonestJohn

I hear that Ann was vaccinated.

And we all know what Bachmann said about vaccinations...

Offline goatprairie

Yeah, I'm pretty libertarian and a strong advocate for States' rights.  But I maintain that the folks who say MJ is no worse than alcohol are just not paying attention to the data,  I had a patient who had a mild personality disorder but no history of psychotic breaks, and when he smoked a joint (which I had not prescribed, by the way), he shot up his house from the inside.  One of my shrink friends later told me that fully psychotic episodes associated with MJ are more common than most people realize.

(Just sayin')
Yeah, I never believed the bunk about MJ being completely harmless. Different types of the drug and different usage will have different effects.
And I've heard people claim that constant use has not affected them in the slightest.
To those people I would say...how do you know?  Obviously, many people can lose a few IQ points and still be fairly productive.
And remember, liberals use a  lot more pot than conservatives.
But like I said, just looking at many major pot-using rock stars whose quality of work declined precipitously in their thirties I can't believe strong drug use didn't affect their music. 
How else can we explain UncleAlbert/Admiral Halsey and a lot of McCartney's other post-Beatles dreck?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:29:11 pm by goatprairie »

Offline dfwgator

Yeah, pot really makes you mellow......NOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyUrkLm7DM