Author Topic: 'We'll never be the same': A hydroponic tomato garden led police to raid Kansas family's home  (Read 884 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The police report would claim it all kicked off at 7:38 a.m., but Bob Harte later thought it had to be earlier.

His 7:20 a.m. alarm had just yanked him awake. Got to get the kids — a boy in seventh grade, a girl in kindergarten — ready for school. Then he heard, like a starter's pistol setting everything into motion, the first pounding on the front door of his home in Leawood, Kansas, a bedroom suburb south of Kansas City. It was thunderous. It didn't stop. Should I get up? Bob thought. Should I not? Sounded like the house was coming down, he would recall later....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-hydroponic-tomato-garden-police-raid-20170729-story,amp.html

Wingnut

Looks like the appeals court ruled wisely in this case. 

Offline jpsb

The War on Drugs is really a war on our constitutionally guaranteed civil rights. Along with the 86 amnesty one of Regans' worst mistakes.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Looks like the appeals court ruled wisely in this case.

Agree. While I support cops, I don't support stupid actions by cops, which this seems to be.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The War on Drugs is really a war on our constitutionally guaranteed civil rights. Along with the 86 amnesty one of Regans' worst mistakes.

That is exactly what it is. That's why the Feds love their 'war on drugs'. It gives them virtually unlimited money and unlimited power. In the name of 'drugs' of course. And that always makes it OK.

'Drugs' are the Feds Emmanuel Goldstein. Drugs justify things they should never be able to get away with.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:18:53 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline anubias

Well this article is certainly frightening.  I frequent hydroponic shops for ferts and equipment for my aquarium.  Now I wonder if I'm on a list for a no-knock raid next 4-20.   **nononono*

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well this article is certainly frightening.  I frequent hydroponic shops for ferts and equipment for my aquarium.  Now I wonder if I'm on a list for a no-knock raid next 4-20.   **nononono*

Yes, it is frightening.  I guess if we don't hear from you for a while.....?