Author Topic: Trump Weighs Energy Secretary Perry to Run Homeland Security  (Read 1010 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Weighs Energy Secretary Perry to Run Homeland Security
« on: August 02, 2017, 08:11:45 pm »
 Rick Perry
Wednesday, 02 Aug 2017 03:35 PM

President Donald Trump may tap U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry to replace former Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, who took over as White House chief of staff this week, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday.

Bloomberg, citing three people familiar with deliberations, said others were also being considered for the post.

White House officials had no immediate comment.

more

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Rick-Perry-Homeland-Security-Trump/2017/08/02/id/805400/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Trump Weighs Energy Secretary Perry to Run Homeland Security
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 09:40:51 pm »
Mixed feelings about this...

He did increase border patrol with Texas National Guard when things got crazy.

On the other hand, during one of his campaigns, he said he would build a wall.
One week after he won the election, he said "not gonna happen".

He should stay at the Dept. of Energy.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 11:37:57 pm »
Finally!  I never could figure out why Trump didn't utilize his experience to begin with.  Making him Energy Secretary was surprising to me. I think he'd be perfect to run Homeland Security!  He had to deal with illegal immigration and fighting the government red tape to do something for years. He's the one who invited Bammy several times to observe the border and Bammy refused and in turn, Bammy refused him the funding he needed.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:40:21 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 11:46:53 pm »
Why not  give the job to Killyanne Conway

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 01:36:21 am »
Why not  give the job to Killyanne Conway

???? If you're not being sarcastic, why her?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 01:44:23 am »
Sorry, but Perry ain't the guy to be runnin' DHS.
Leave him as Energy Secretary where he can't do too much damage.

Rudy Giuliani would be a better choice (if he wanted it).

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 02:00:20 am »
I think Trump is playing some weird version of musical chairs.  Mooch was the one standing the last time the music stopped.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 02:08:31 am »
Rick Perry has a message for terrorists....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpCtTd9Mnw

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 02:12:09 am »
Perry is an Aggie.  That alone disqualifies him from serious consideration for anything like national security.

He displayed his ineptness even after years being Governor when he tried to get Mexico trucks freely onto our Texas roads by force majeure taking of property from its owners.

He is a political animal that should return to cheering on the mediocre Aggie football team.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 02:20:40 am »
Finally!  I never could figure out why Trump didn't utilize his experience to begin with.  Making him Energy Secretary was surprising to me. I think he'd be perfect to run Homeland Security!  He had to deal with illegal immigration and fighting the government red tape to do something for years. He's the one who invited Bammy several times to observe the border and Bammy refused and in turn, Bammy refused him the funding he needed.

Absolutely a great pick.  Rick Perry has a ton of experience dealing with this problem.  As a long-time governor of Texas, he had a first-hand look at the incredible problems illegal immigration creates.  Texas is a prosperous and successful state thanks to Rick Perry and the current governor, but would be much more so if all the illegals hadn't crossed the border to Texas and then decided that was as far north as they wanted to go.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 02:22:01 am »
Perry is an Aggie.  That alone disqualifies him from serious consideration for anything like national security.

He displayed his ineptness even after years being Governor when he tried to get Mexico trucks freely onto our Texas roads by force majeure taking of property from its owners.

He is a political animal that should return to cheering on the mediocre Aggie football team.

He would still be Governor if he'd decided to run.  In the 2008 primaries, I supported him for President and would support him today.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 02:39:26 am »
He would still be Governor if he'd decided to run.  In the 2008 primaries, I supported him for President and would support him today.

I think you meant 2012 and he was a disaster.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 03:01:36 am »
Sorry, but Perry ain't the guy to be runnin' DHS.
Leave him as Energy Secretary where he can't do too much damage.

Rudy Giuliani would be a better choice (if he wanted it).

I think the President may want to fill this position without having to nominate someone and have him/her put at the end of the line for Senate confirmation.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:05:07 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 03:27:25 am »
This is a tough situation for President Trump.  Appointing a qualified and talented executive like Perry is going to present unwanted comparisons to possible standards of competency.  Does Mooch have a brother or something?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 04:00:54 am »
I think you meant 2012 and he was a disaster.

Yes, of course, I meant 2012 and even though he was not well and made some missteps, he was by far the better candidate running. 

He's always been a good campaigner and he would have done much better than Romney.

In fact, I left Free Republic because of all the nastiness I received as a Perry supporter.  I never went back until the start of the last primary and that only lasted until it became a Trump only site.

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 04:31:01 am »
Yes, you couldn't go anywhere without him being called La Raza Rick.  Perry's biggest problem in the 2012 run was he was talked into it.  The lack of initiative was a big contributor to his missteps and ultimate withdrawal.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 05:32:39 am »
Yes, you couldn't go anywhere without him being called La Raza Rick.  Perry's biggest problem in the 2012 run was he was talked into it.  The lack of initiative was a big contributor to his missteps and ultimate withdrawal.

I lived in Texas all my life and I NEVER heard anyone call Rick Perry La Raza Rick.  You must have associated with some strange people.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 08:52:23 am »

Lifelong Texan too, and I don't ever remember hearing the the "La Raza Rick" monicker anywhere either back in 2012.  Not really a fan of Perry, but if you were from Texas, you should  know (remember) that the problem with Perry back in 2012, was his fighting back problem, and the meds interaction.  Not anything to do with lack of initiative or effort.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 10:34:39 am »
Lifelong Texan too, and I don't ever remember hearing the the "La Raza Rick" monicker anywhere either back in 2012.  Not really a fan of Perry, but if you were from Texas, you should  know (remember) that the problem with Perry back in 2012, was his fighting back problem, and the meds interaction.  Not anything to do with lack of initiative or effort.

As for the la raza thing, I was speaking about Perry threads at TOS during the primary campaign.  Also, he didn't want to run.  He was talked into it and that's never a good start.  That's what I meant my initiative and effort.  His wife basically told him God told her he should.

His wife, Anita, likened him to Moses, describing his decision to run as heeding signs from above. “He didn’t want to hear a thing about running for president,” she explained. “He felt like he needed to see the burning bush. I said ‘Look, let me tell you something. You may not see that burning bush, but there are people seeing that burning bush for you.’”

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 11:15:28 am »

**Don't think this requires comment