Author Topic: Coast Guard commandant signals he will resist Trump's military transgender ban  (Read 2646 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I don't recall...and I could be wrong because it was 25 years ago...buy there weren't any flag officers coming out and saying flatly I'm not going to do what you order us to do.  Their protest...like it was under Obama...was to just quietly retire and what ever level they were at and find a job in the civilian sector or just enjoy being retired. 

They showed their displeasure with their feet rather than with their mouth...and I can respect that completely.

@txradioguy

IIRC,General John Singlaub did both. Clinton backroom deals to deliver nuke engineering to the North Koreans was more than he could take,so he just announced he was going to retire,and then held a press conference and told everybody WHY he couldn't in good conscience follow the orders being given to him that caused him to retire.

Stopped the Bubba's dead in their tracks. Given what is happening in NK now,I want to thank you for reminding me about this. Now we can all laugh at the hypocrisy of the Dims that are going to pretend to be outraged at the NK aiming nukes at us that defended Bubba Bill to the death.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@txradioguy

IIRC,General John Singlaub did both. Clinton backroom deals to deliver nuke engineering to the North Koreans was more than he could take,so he just announced he was going to retire,and then held a press conference and told everybody WHY he couldn't in good conscience follow the orders being given to him that caused him to retire.

Stopped the Bubba's dead in their tracks. Given what is happening in NK now,I want to thank you for reminding me about this. Now we can all laugh at the hypocrisy of the Dims that are going to pretend to be outraged at the NK aiming nukes at us that defended Bubba Bill to the death.

I have no problem with a retired GO coming forward and saying why they retired...especially if it involves something that endangers National Security.

Dems count on people to have short attention spans and even shorter memories.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

Someone once said the attention span of your average AMerican is about as long as your D**k.

He might have been giving them them too much credit unless it belonged to Brucie Jenner

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

So does Trump.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The numbers I've seen reported are the low thousands, but I suspect it's in the hundreds.   Emjay's number of 800 sounds reasonable to me.   There can't be many.   I've known many gay folks over the years, but I can't say I've ever knowingly met a transgender. 

I don't trust Trump's motivation - I suspect this is a sop to religious conservatives, not a response to morale or cohesion issues in the military.   But blindsiding military leadership is, fundamentally, disrespectful to our armed forces.   I know how it goes -  if you aren't willing to follow orders, the choice you have is to leave.   That's the nature of the military, and I don't disagree that the Coast Guard Commandant's days are likely numbered.  But I applaud him for standing up for those under his command.   

"Blindsided" Sometimes that is what happens in the military. Sometimes the troops are rudely awakened from gentle slumber in the wee small hours, and told to be in formation,  outside or on deck right away.

Or blindsided like I saw a fellow. He had been trying to get out of the Army, by claiming he had LSD flashbacks.

There came the day when the services were going to downsize, and start getting the problem people out, post haste. My boss, the battalion personnel officer, told him to get his gear and report by afternoon. He was scheduled to be driven to Frankfort for a plane, taken to Ft. Dix for out-processing the next day..

He was stunned. Bewildered, blindsided. He had no idea his antics would actually result in his discharge.

If they gave him a less-than-honorable discharge, I suspect you would be concerned he was "blindsided."

This admiral wasn't blindsided. He knew well ahead, he would need to decide what to do if the tranny policy changed. He decided.

Now he can go to a liberal college, and be a professor f social change, gender change, career change or whatever.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln