Author Topic: Senate Republicans Slowly Turning Their Backs on Trump  (Read 1074 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Republicans Slowly Turning Their Backs on Trump
« on: August 02, 2017, 01:10:02 pm »
Wednesday, 02 Aug 2017 06:03 AM

There wasn't a dramatic public break or an exact moment it happened. But step by step, Senate Republicans are turning their backs on President Donald Trump.

They defeated an Obamacare repeal bill despite Trump's pleas. They're ignoring his Twitter demands that they get back to work on the repeal measure. They dissed the White House budget director, defended the attorney general against the president's attacks and passed veto-proof sanctions on Russia over his administration's objections.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/US-Trump-Senate-Republicans/2017/08/02/id/805225/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Senate Republicans Slowly Turning Their Backs on Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:12:45 pm »

There wasn't a dramatic public break or an exact moment it happened. But step by step, Senate Republicans are turning their backs on President Donald Trump.

They defeated an Obamacare repeal bill despite Trump's pleas. They're ignoring his Twitter demands that they get back to work on the repeal measure. They dissed the White House budget director, defended the attorney general against the president's attacks and passed veto-proof sanctions on Russia over his administration's objections.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/US-Trump-Senate-Republicans/2017/08/02/id/805225/

Slowly???  The swamp creatures LOVE their swamp! NO draining allowed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 01:16:58 pm »
The 'establishment' vowed to take down Trump even before he was sworn in. To me, their deliberate obstruction is rather obvious and it's not just taking place in the Senate.  Those in the House are just as guilty.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 01:18:29 pm »
Those guys walked in backwards from the start. They've never tried to meet Trump straight on so that they could even have the opportunity to turn their backs.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 01:27:45 pm »
The 'establishment' vowed to take down Trump even before he was sworn in. To me, their deliberate obstruction is rather obvious and it's not just taking place in the Senate.  Those in the House are just as guilty.

Absolutely!   888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 02:54:57 pm »

From the replies to this it's obvious the forum mental midgets want Rump to rule as king and dictator.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:55:13 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 02:57:17 pm »

From the replies to this it's obvious the forum mental midgets want Rump to rule as king and dictator.

NOPE!  Just want him to unleash unshirted HELL on the establishment with every tool at his disposal and that is currently NOT happening!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 02:58:09 pm »
NOPE!  Just want him to unleash unshirted HELL on the establishment with every tool at his disposal and that is currently NOT happening!

:facepalm:

Because he IS the establishment!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 03:02:44 pm »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 03:02:53 pm »
:facepalm:

Because he IS the establishment!

The jury is still out but every hour of inaction moves the needle toward you being right.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 03:10:27 pm »
Those guys walked in backwards from the start. They've never tried to meet Trump straight on so that they could even have the opportunity to turn their backs.

As if the republican and democrat parties don't stink on ice in the eyes of the public, as well.

If the DC cabal's inevitable collapse is expedited as a result of the current circus then I'll consider it all good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 03:19:20 pm »
Maybe Trump needs to do a Michael Corleone and take care of all the family business in one fell swoop.  At the same moment, he could do the following:

Take out North Korea
Fire Mueller and whoever wants to resign over that
Get rid of all executive-ordered Obamacare subsidies, including those for congress

I don't think Trump is the establishment, but he fears it too much.  I'd like him to boldly go where no president has gone before, but if he doesn't I will not be disappointed.  So long as he is better than Hillary Clinton would have been, I have no regrets about my vote.  So far, he has not crossed that bar.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 03:28:24 pm »
Maybe Trump needs to do a Michael Corleone and take care of all the family business in one fell swoop.  At the same moment, he could do the following:

Take out North Korea
Get rid of all executive-ordered Obamacare subsidies, including those for congress

I don't think Trump is the establishment, but he fears it too much.  I'd like him to boldly go where no president has gone before...

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen: 

THAT is exactly my position as well!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:29:35 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 10:59:17 pm »

You really need to cut off the cable TV.

It's way overpriced, your blood pressure will come back down, and you'll sleep better too.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 11:08:17 pm »
Senate Republicans Slowly Turning Their Backs on Trump

Too slowly...I fear that by the time the water boils it will be too late for them to hop out of the pot.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 11:11:02 pm »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 02:51:07 am »
Slowly???  The swamp creatures LOVE their swamp! NO draining allowed!

888high58888

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 04:03:23 am »

more

They hated Trump from the start.  Slowly turning their backs on him is a ridiculous statement.  They've never had any respect for him.

They have been more of a disaster in the first 7 months than Trump has.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 04:05:58 am »

I usually have you on ignore, but someone else quoted you. 

The replies on this post reveal that most people here are fully aware that the Senate has been more of a failure than Trump has, by far.

For you to call other people 'mental midgets' is the height of irony.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 04:07:59 am »
They hated Trump from the start.  Slowly turning their backs on him is a ridiculous statement.  They've never had any respect for him.

They have been more of a disaster in the first 7 months than Trump has.

No, this is Trump's fault.  Had he not purposefully burned every bridge, and rubbed peoples' noses in it, there would might at least be compromise in adversity. His own actions have painted him into an ineffective corner. And there he will remain.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:09:49 am by roamer_1 »

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 06:13:05 am »
They may think so, or it may just be yet another media smear, but over time, he'll prevail.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 10:18:28 am »

Take out North Korea

I don't think Trump is the establishment, but he fears it too much.  I'd like him to boldly go where no president has gone before, but if he doesn't I will not be disappointed.  So long as he is better than Hillary Clinton would have been, I have no regrets about my vote.  So far, he has not crossed that bar.

Seriously?  Then you don't know much about NYC real estate development.  A successful NYC real estate developer is by definition part of the establishment.

Of course, in this case, it's the North East liberal establishment he's a part of.   

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 10:18:57 am »

What I would like is for him to work with members of his own party instead of taking to Twitter to b!tch and moan about them.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2017, 10:34:06 am »
What I would like is for him to work with members of his own party instead of taking to Twitter to b!tch and moan about them.

Unfortunately Trump is an uneducated moron who actually believes he should have dictatorial powers.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2017, 01:53:29 pm »
Unfortunately Trump is an uneducated moron who actually believes he should have dictatorial powers.