Author Topic: McConnell plans to pass tax bill with just GOP votes  (Read 300 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell plans to pass tax bill with just GOP votes
« on: August 02, 2017, 01:05:00 pm »

McConnell plans to pass tax bill with just GOP votes

By ELANA SCHOR

08/01/2017 04:02 PM EDT

Senate Republicans are sticking to their plans to pass a tax bill with 50 Republican votes, despite Democratic pleas not to be sidelined as they were on health care.

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday reaffirmed the GOP’s long-standing intention to shield any tax overhaul from a likely Democratic filibuster by using the procedural protections of budget reconciliation.

In explaining his decision to reporters, the Kentucky Republican cited a Tuesday letter from 45 Democratic senators urging Republicans not to use reconciliation and vowing to oppose a tax plan that adds to the deficit or cuts the annual bill of the richest 1 percent of taxpayers.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/01/mitch-mcconnell-tax-bill-gop-votes-241212
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: McConnell plans to pass tax bill with just GOP votes
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:09:10 pm »
Let's see ... McCain, Murkowski, and Collins will vote against it. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.