Author Topic: Justice Dept. to Take On Affirmative Action in College Admissions  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Justice Dept. to Take On Affirmative Action in College Admissions
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 05:56:43 pm »
He is the only Cabinet member not carrying out this charge @Bigun    :shrug:

HOW do you know that he isn't?  Should he be advertising what he is doing at every turn like the previous administration did?  I don't think so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 06:00:15 pm »
HOW do you know that he isn't?  Should he be advertising what he is doing at every turn like the previous administration did?  I don't think so!

So, are you saying you know Sessions is draining his swamp and working to drain the greater swamp?   Your evidence would be appreciated.  Thanks!

@Bigun 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 06:00:39 pm »
The supreme court already ruled that race could not be a determining factor in college admissions.

True,but nobody paid any attention to it when it was whites being discriminated against until Trump became President.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 06:02:37 pm »
So, are you saying you know Sessions is draining his swamp and working to drain the greater swamp?   Your evidence would be appreciated.  Thanks!

@Bigun

Nope!  I don't KNOW the answer to that question and neither do you.  I remain hopeful with eyes wide open.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 06:02:49 pm »
I'm kicking myself for not pushing my kids to check the Native American box on their college application. Verifying that info is a no-no and it is probably true. My son could definitely pass, especially in the summer.

We are very close to people become Trans-racial.

@Restored

I am a "legal" Native American,but NEVER claim it expect when I need to piss off leftists. I am pretty freaking vocal about everybody should be treated equal,so WTH am *I* to suddenly start claiming racial preferences for myself?

We are either all equal,or NONE of us are equal. Period.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 06:04:10 pm »
I'm extremely happy to see this but would be even more happy to find that the Justice Department is going hammer and tongs after Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, the House IT espionage, The McCain Foundation, the IRS,  and all the other Washington Corruption!

@Bigun

I'd love to see that myself,but it is never going to happen.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 06:05:36 pm »
 “I don’t care if every seat is filled by an Asian if they’ve earned the right to be there.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 06:06:54 pm »
@Restored

I am a "legal" Native American,but NEVER claim it expect when I need to piss off leftists. I am pretty freaking vocal about everybody should be treated equal,so WTH am *I* to suddenly start claiming racial preferences for myself?

We are either all equal,or NONE of us are equal. Period.

:amen:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 06:09:40 pm »
While I would love to see Her Heinous behind bars, i doubt anything would be achieved by such an endeavor.

@goatprairie

I agree wholeheartedly. There is nothing I can think of that would cheer me up more,but even if it did happen,it would do NOTHING to solve the problems facing America. We are better off to spend our time worrying more about securing our future freedoms and our nation than focusing on punishing the past.

Hate to say it because I am a REALLY good hater,but the present and the future are MUCH more important than the past,and if we don't get serious right NOW about focusing on it,there will be no future for freedom or America.

Consider it preventative maintenance on existing equipment instead of worrying about obsolete equipment no longer being used.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 06:12:14 pm »
We disagree!  I don't think there is ANYTHING the Trump administration can do short of REAL tax reform that would bolster his approval ratings like going after all these scandals hammer and tongs would!

@Bigun

Fix the draconian leftist laws by repealing them to set America back on her feet again,and THEN maybe consider going after the criminal acts of previous administrations.

It even makes strategic sense,since when you shut down their leftist programs you reduce their access to cash and influence,which makes it easier to take them down.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 06:14:47 pm »
@Bigun

Fix the draconian leftist laws by repealing them to set America back on her feet again,and THEN maybe consider going after the criminal acts of previous administrations.

It even makes strategic sense,since when you shut down their leftist programs you reduce their access to cash and influence,which makes it easier to take them down.

I happen to believe we can actually do both at the same time!  Maybe it's just my training from young adulthood!  :beer: :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 06:16:03 pm »
I agree!  So WHY isn't that happening?

@Bigun

Because no matter how much you want it,all you can do right now is the things that are doable right now. It's like taking a building apart block by block. First you have to stop the repairs and additions being made to it before you can take it apart.

Nobody and no administration can do everything at once. I am content for the time being with Trump doing what he can do,and establishing a base to build on to do more in the future.

It ain't what I want,but it will be what I get IF we are lucky and the professional criminals we call politicians don't join forces and run Trump out of office first.

I can't speak for you or anyone else,but *I* voted for Trump because I wanted to see him throw bombs and shake things up.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 06:17:33 pm »
That was clearly determined when Trump stated that the Clintons have suffered enough.

Anyone with any doubts after that is either too stupid to breathe without help or a completely moral free liar.

@Cripplecreek

Every heard of a strategy called a "feint"?

It does no good to hold a news conference and announce you are going after treason and other criminal acts of previous administrations when the whole government structure is still loaded with their cronies and stooges,and they will organize and fight you to the death.

Better to focus on their support base and chip away at their power base until you have gained enough control over the government apparatus via firings,forced retirements,indictments,or any other tool you can use,and once you have replaced those apparatchiks with your own appointees,you have something to work with. Until you do that,it's just a wet dream.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:20:24 pm by sneakypete »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2017, 06:22:06 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Every heard of a strategy called a "feint"?

I don't think it was.  You're giving him too much credit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 06:29:49 pm »

@guitar4jesus

Sometimes that needs to be done. It's called encouragement.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2017, 06:30:46 pm »

I don't know what he thinks he's trying to accomplish but it looks like he's looking to grab credit for the years of work others put into the fight and won without him.

If anyone deserves the credit its Michigan voters and Michigan AG Bill Schuette.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »
I don't know what he thinks he's trying to accomplish but it looks like he's looking to grab credit for the years of work others put into the fight and won without him.

If anyone deserves the credit its Michigan voters and Michigan AG Bill Schuette.

@Cripplecreek

Yeah,anything to avoid giving Trump credit for anything positive that happens,right?

Which one of the Party People was it that you supported,and do you REALLY think that creature would have even done as much? Party People don't make waves on Party Water.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2017, 06:49:41 pm »
Getting rid of AA and the whole race-based industry would do more for this country than vengeance chasing after Hillary Clinton.

My son-in-law is liberal.  When we were trying to buy the house in Maui, I needed a document from the IRS.  The lending place never gave us a lot of notice and right before we were set to close, I needed this immediately.

I'm on the phone on hold for the IRS.  My son-in-law walks in and asks what I am doing.  I tell him, I'm on hold with the IRS praying I don't get an Affirmative Action hire.  He gave me a totally disgusted look and walked out.

Okay, Karma showed its ugly face and that's exactly what I got.  The woman was dumb as a post and kept telling me I needed some totally irrelevant document.  After a couple of minutes arguing, I said, I'll go get that and call you back.  I hung up and immediately called again.  This time the gods smiled and I got a totally competent guy and the needed document was faxed to me within minutes.

The government is full of AA hires.  I was talking to my niece who is a CPA in an accounting firm and they are a nightmare to deal with.

What good does it do to get into a college when you are not capable of making it there .... or getting a job you are not capable of performing?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2017, 12:11:41 am »

What good does it do to get into a college when you are not capable of making it there .... or getting a job you are not capable of performing?

@Emjay

With every incompetent AA hire they make,it brings America one step closer to the violent revolution the left dreams will put them in power forever.

I personally think it brings them one step closer to the gallows,but what do I know?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2017, 12:51:03 am »
@Emjay

With every incompetent AA hire they make,it brings America one step closer to the violent revolution the left dreams will put them in power forever.

I personally think it brings them one step closer to the gallows,but what do I know?
From the numerous articles I've read by leftists over the decades it seems a great many of them really believe people are simply placed in certain positions by arbitrary forces that have nothing to do with merit.
I remember reading about how during the Russian Revolution after the Bolsheviks took power they put many of their people in prominent positions including jobs that needed expertise and skill.
One incompetent Bolshevik was given the job as head of the water works of a major city (St. Petersburg ?). After a few weeks or months of bungling even the head Bolshies realized that they had to put the old non-commie who was in charge back in his old position to get the water running competently.
That in no wise has that deterred leftists over the decades from believing that it's just a matter of knowing the right people or luck that some people get prominent jobs.
Sometimes they're right.
But I'll bet if you asked a hardcore leftist who was about to have a heart operation whether he or she would like to have a surgeon who got the best grades in school and earned his or her position by merit or the AA hire who was promoted over more qualified people,  I think I know who they'd choose.