Author Topic: Trump to members of his New Jersey golf club: 'That White House is a real dump'  (Read 5602 times)

Offline jpsb

More anonymously sourced Bull S**t from a hostile state media? Sure looks like it. But yall go right ahead and drink the cool-aid but just remember this, tomorrow while your nursing your bash Trump hangover. Donald Trump will still the President of the United States.

And yall have the unmitigated gall to talk about class? I have never seen a group of people with less class then those bashing Trump on this thread.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:32:05 am by jpsb »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Had Obama told his golfing buddies  the WH was a dump the feigned outrage on conservative forums and talk radio would have gone on for days on end. Trump does so and his acolytes dig up pictures of his tacky taste as an excuse... :shrug:

QFT

Silver Pines

More anonymously sourced Bull S**t from a hostile state media? Sure looks like it. But yall go right ahead and drink the cool-aid but just remember this, tomorrow while your nursing your bash Trump hangover. Donald Trump will still the President of the United States.

And yall have the unmitigated gall to talk about class? I have never seen a group of people with less class then those bashing Trump on this thread.

@jpsb

One---Trump made a jerk statement; he's the classless one, not those who comment on it.

Two----He's not a king.  Criticism of presidents, not worship, is what Americans have always done.  It's not a moral failing just because it's applied to your hero.

Three----if Obama had said it, you'd be screaming to heaven about it. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I have no doubt the WH needs some renovations after 8 years of the Obama's. My guess is that like every other American symbol...Big Ears despised the WH...we know Michelle hated living there...so he did his best to let it fall into disrepair.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

One---Trump made a jerk statement; he's the classless one, not those who comment on it.

And you know he said it because?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I have no doubt the WH needs some renovations after 8 years of the Obama's. My guess is that like every other American symbol...Big Ears despised the WH...we know Michelle hated living there...so he did his best to let it fall into disrepair.

Making things up again?

It's not up to the occupants of the White House to determine when or how the WH is maintained.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@jpsb

Two----He's not a king.  Criticism of presidents, not worship, is what Americans have always done.  It's not a moral failing just because it's applied to your hero.

Lèse-majesté

Silver Pines

Sorry, @jpsb, I forgot...anything remotely negative about Trump is fake news.  TOS confirms that universal truth.

So what do you think about his comment?

Offline jpsb

Sorry, @jpsb, I forgot...anything remotely negative about Trump is fake news.  TOS confirms that universal truth.

You forgot the corollary @CatherineofAragon anything remotely negative about Trump is the gospel truth regardless of its sourcing.

And I don't know that the comment in question was "his" comment.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:50:34 pm by jpsb »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Making things up again?

Nah I don't have that problem.  I'm not named Trump.

It's not up to the occupants of the White House to determine when or how the WH is maintained.    :whistle:

Sure it's not.  I guess you forgot the uproar when Nancy Reagan decided to order new china for State visits because the stuff the Carters had been using was chipped and worn to the point of embarrassment.

I know you're old enough to remember the redecorating job Jackie O did on the WH.

And before that it was the Truman ordered reconstruction of the WH.  The entire inside was gutted and rebuilt strengthened and renovated.  Took three years to do.

Truman ordered it because there was a very real fear that the Oval office level of the WH was about to collapse into the basement at any moment.

So YES I do know who can and can't order the renovation and/or reconstruction of the WH.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:52:24 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@CatherineofAragon he'll never say anything bad about Trump ever.  It's physically impossible for him to do so.

Offline jpsb

@CatherineofAragon he'll never say anything bad about Trump ever.  It's physically impossible for him to do so.

that is not true and I'll prove it false

Trump entirely to often flaps his gums without thinking and makes himself look like a fool. His leadership skills are questionable, changing polices without getting the right people on board is stupid and counter productive. While I like Ivanka as a person I do not like the fact she and her husband are senior advisers, I don't trust their judgement on a number of issues. I am also disturbed by the fact that it appears Trump can be bullied on an issue as imporant as our relations with Russia.

As I keep telling you and @CatherineofAragon it's the Trump policies I like. And the fact that he is NOT a career politician.

Offline Just_Victor

It's only $94K. :)

Handbag or Corvette...

choices...
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Silver Pines

You forgot the corollary @CatherineofAragon anything remotely negative about Trump is the gospel truth regardless of its sourcing.

And I don't know that the comment in question was "his" comment.

@jpsb

To your first point, no. 

As for the second, the quote was originally published in a long article at golf.com (Golf Magazine).  Are they on the list of globalist deep state fake news purveyors?

We know the answer to that.  So what do you think of Trump's comment?

Offline skeeter

And since no context is provided in the article its entirely possible Trump made the comment with tongue in cheek.
We don't know.

Offline kevindavis007

You have all heard the Johnny Cash song The Ragged Old Flag....and you understand the message. Well the White House has seen its share of the struggles of a new country, including being gutted by a fire started by a  mighty British envasion force, and defended by cannons when  Lee's Army of Northern Virginia was just miles away. And its been circled by endless waves of protestors for decades. Ragged, yes. Tired, you bet. Its ghost sometimes ashamed of its tennants - count on it.   But a "dump"? Come on Trump, have some respect.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here's a topic that should concern folks, not this  :bs::

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,274501.0.html

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Trump's done very well ....  here's where he grew up with two parents and four siblings  ^-^

It's a shame their good taste didn't rub off on him.

I'd rather live in a home like that than in the mobster's whorehouse his luxury apartment resembles and
the White House doesn't, no matter how much money I have.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline RoosGirl

What?  You came back late last night just to try to stir shit up.  And now you want us to pay attention to some bullshit story about a missile launch taking place 150 miles away from where it was "supposed" to launch from?  Since it's an ICBM, the I standing for Intercontinental, I have some serious doubts that 150 miles makes a hill of beans difference.  Let's talk about more entertaining things like your guy's horrible judgement that extends to every facet of his life, but more specific to this story his gaudy home.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What?  You came back late last night just to try to stir shit up.  And now you want us to pay attention to some bullshit story about a missile launch taking place 150 miles away from where it was "supposed" to launch from?  Since it's an ICBM, the I standing for Intercontinental, I have some serious doubts that 150 miles makes a hill of beans difference.  Let's talk about more entertaining things like your guy's horrible judgement that extends to every facet of his life, but more specific to this story his gaudy home.

Its pretty pathetic. Half the time Trumpers complain about warmongering neocon George Bush and how we need to retreat from everywhere Putin doesn't want us. The rest of the time they spend rubbing themselves raw with excitement for a war against NK that would be a disaster for everybody.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
 888ohnoes

"To close friends" went one story this morning.  If true, glad we have a president that can joke around.

Silver Pines

@Right_in_Virginia

For someone who tried to laugh off this thread as a joke, you sure keep coming back a lot to play defense   Bugging you, is it?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
I love the White House, one of the most beautiful buildings (homes) I have ever seen. But Fake News said I called it a dump - TOTALLY UNTRUE
8:29 PM · Aug 2, 2017
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again--just watch. He can do much better!

2:47 PM - Oct 17, 2012