Author Topic: We only have a 5 percent chance of avoiding ‘dangerous’ global warming, a study finds  (Read 645 times)

Wingnut

Chicken little and the WOPO strike again.  We are all gonna die!

More Warmest BS

In recent years, it has become increasingly common to frame the climate change problem as a kind of countdown — each year we emit more carbon dioxide, narrowing the window for fixing the problem, but not quite closing it yet. After all, something could still change. Emissions could still start to plunge precipitously. Maybe next year.

This outlook has allowed, at least for some, for the preservation of a form of climate optimism in which big changes, someday soon, will still make the difference. Christiana Figureres, the former head of the United Nations’ Framework Convention on Climate Change, recently joined with a group of climate scientists and policy wonks to state there are three years left to get emissions moving sharply downward. If, that is, we’re holding out hope of limiting the warming of the globe to below 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial temperatures, often cited as the threshold where “dangerous” warming begins (although in truth, that’s a matter of interpretation).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/07/31/we-only-have-a-5-percent-chance-of-avoiding-dangerous-global-warming-a-study-finds/?utm_term=.d4ac74f480e5#comments
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:53:52 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Joe Wooten

888ohnoes 888ohnoes

Wingnut

Anything coming from anyone associated with the United Nations’ Framework Convention on Climate Change should be dismissed with esteem prejudice.

Offline MajorClay

Offline dfwgator

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I was watching a show the other night about global warming. The guy was saying the rise in carbon dioxide has led to a much greener planet. The rise in the amount of plant life worldwide has increased significantly. The planet is better off for it. And the whole climate change scam is just that. A scam.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
It would be so much easier if, each time someone penned something like this, pushing their agenda of the global warming hoax, someone would just shoot them between the eyes.  Of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert