Author Topic: Eclipse 2017: Where you can still stay in Casper, Wyoming  (Read 687 times)

Offline Suppressed

Eclipse 2017: Where you can still stay in Casper, Wyoming
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:29:12 pm »
Eclipse 2017: Where you can still stay in Casper, Wyoming
$1,500 motel rooms and campsite reservations are still available for eclipse procrastinators.
Jacy Marmaduke, jmarmaduke@coloradoan.com Published 1:04 p.m. MT July 25, 2017 | Updated 11:57 a.m. MT July 26, 2017
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2017/07/25/eclipse-2017-where-you-can-still-stay-casper-wyoming/506962001/

Whether you're looking for a motel room or just a place to pitch your tent, you still have a few options for a place to stay in the Wyoming city, but it'll cost you.

Rumors that Casper is totally booked don't hold water, but they might soon as lodging options dwindle. In other words, make your lodging reservations now.

Here's what's on the menu.

Hotels and motels

Prepare to spend big. There were about 25 rooms left in Casper midmorning Monday, and prices are steep. One motel just raised its nightly starting rate from $890 to $1,495.

The good news is that festival organizers are continuously updating the event website as rooms fill or become available, so you can be reasonably sure that any place listed under "hotels" still has at least one room left.

It's best to call the hotel or motel directly to book, said Anna Wilcox, the festival's executive director.

Camping

The greater Casper area has campgrounds aplenty, but you'll almost certainly need to make a reservation and pay up. Even campgrounds that don't usually require reservations are using a reservation system for the eclipse, Wilcox said, so you'll have to call the campground or make a reservation online. Fees range from as low as $10 to upward of $300.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Eclipse 2017: Where you can still stay in Casper, Wyoming
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 06:55:29 pm »
Animated video of the predicted eclipse path across America

https://vimeo.com/73595112

Can't help but wonder how many auto accidents this is going to cause. I'm guessing hundreds.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.