Author Topic: Controversy as Oregon couple are forced to give up their children to social services after they were deemed 'not intelligent enough' to care for the babies  (Read 587 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Controversy as Oregon couple are forced to give up their children to social services after they were deemed 'not intelligent enough' to care for the babies

Amy Fabbrini, 31, and Eric Ziegler, 38, had both of their children taken into foster care, the youngest right after he was born in the hospital
    After taking a required IQ test, Ziegler scored a meager 66 and Fabbrini a 72
    The IQ of the average person ranges anywhere from 90-110.
    Domestic abuse and neglect were not factors in the custody case, but didn't need to be, according to a report
    Fabbrini and Ziegler will continue to be granted supervised visitation rights

By Jessa Schroeder For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:34 EDT, 31 July 2017 | Updated: 10:39 EDT, 1 August 2017

An Oregon couple has been fighting a legal battle after they lost custody of their two kids because both were designated not intelligent enough to care for them in a safe and proper manner.

Amy Fabbrini, 31, was reportedly unaware about her state of pregnancy when she grew far into her third trimester with her now eldest son, Christopher.

Fabbrini did not receive formal examination or treatment within the ninth month term and went into advanced labor at the family's home, where she gave birth Sept. 9, 2013.

Fabbrini's partner, Eric Ziegler, 38, was receiving financial aid through the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income program on the behalf of a mental disability he was diagnosed with.

Earlier this year, Social Services acquired and fostered the pair's second newborn baby, Hunter, while he was in the hospital, following past allegations brought against them.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4747316/Oregon-couple-loses-custody-children-low-IQ-scores.html#ixzz4oSYOU7vb
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

The nursery in Amy Fabbrini and Eric Ziegler's home is filled with unread children's books and unworn baby clothes. A Winnie the Pooh blanket lies untouched inside a crib where a child has never slept.

For nearly four years, the Redmond couple has been fighting to prove to the state of Oregon that they are intellectually capable of raising their children. The Department of Human Services has removed both of their boys, saying the parents are too mentally limited to be good parents.

Fabbrini, 31, and Ziegler, 38, lost custody of their older son, Christopher, shortly after he was born. Five months ago, the state took their second child, newborn Hunter, directly from the hospital. Both are now in foster care.

"I love kids, I was raised around kids, my mom was a preschool teacher for 20-plus years, and so I've always been around kids," Fabbrini said. "That's my passion. I love to do things with kids, and that's what I want to do in the future, something that has to do with kids."

No abuse or neglect has been found, but each parent has a degree of limited cognitive abilities. Rather than build a network of support around them, the state child welfare agency has moved to terminate the couple's parental rights and make the boys available for adoption.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2017/07/parents_with_intellectual_disa.html

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Their best option might be to MOVE OUT OF leftist Oregon, to a more conservative state such as Idaho or Utah, and then file for custody...

Offline RoosGirl

All I have to do is go to PeopleOfWalmart.com to find example of pleeeeeennnty of people with lower IQ that still have their kids.

Offline Applewood

Insane.  I know there are programs that teach child care to the mentally challenged and offer counseling and supervision.  If the children were not abused or neglected, why did the state have to take the children away?  Why couldn't the parents keep the children with the help of these programs?

This sort of thing will continue so long as there are lazy, irresponsible parents who continue to allow the state to raise their children.  Parents who are responsible will eventually have their children taken away from them.

Wingnut

Oregon should just start forced sterilization of people with an IQ lower than Forest Gump and just do it for the good of the state.