Author Topic: Heckler attacks Ted Cruz over health-care vote in Utah  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Heckler attacks Ted Cruz over health-care vote in Utah
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 07:44:48 pm »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 08:34:05 pm »
That's my best comedy.  Now I'm sad.

*sigh*  Just 10 more years in my day job....

At least you tried.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 08:38:22 pm »
No matter what the subject, I can always count on you guys to turn it into a dirty joke.

Which would be okay if it was ever funny.

888high58888
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 09:19:55 pm »
Confucius say "man with hand in pocket play with more than change"  :laugh:

All kidding aside, I noticed throughout his campaign and at the speeches and rallies he gave and even during the debates, he always keeps one hand in his pocket.  I'm beginning to wonder if he has the beginning stages of Parkinson's.  I certainly hope not.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 11:20:53 pm »
It would take a lot more than one lone heckler in the crowd to get Ted upset.

Over and over, I have seen him invite his hecklers to the microphone... And destroy their argument.
It was a sad day that he stepped down... and the buffoon won.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 11:37:12 pm »
Over and over, I have seen him invite his hecklers to the microphone... And destroy their argument.

Yes, indeed it was a sad day when Trump became the GOP nominee ... however, it was a great day when Hillary lost!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2017, 11:41:05 pm »

Not only that, but the hecklers usually left liking him.   Totally sad day.

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 11:50:44 pm »

@roamer_1

Yep.  I always enjoy seeing Cruz engage with hecklers.  I remember he actually had Medea Benjamin of Code Pink agreeing with him, and she walked away looking dazed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 01:07:08 am »
All kidding aside, I noticed throughout his campaign and at the speeches and rallies he gave and even during the debates, he always keeps one hand in his pocket.  I'm beginning to wonder if he has the beginning stages of Parkinson's.  I certainly hope not.

Nah...its to keep the one hand he doesnt use when he talks someplace where people don't see him fidgeting. When I'm speaking in public ...when I can my tendency is to put both hands on the podium to keep them in one place while I speak. When I cant do that I tend to put them behind my back while I talk.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 02:14:10 am »
Nah...its to keep the one hand he doesnt use when he talks someplace where people don't see him fidgeting. When I'm speaking in public ...when I can my tendency is to put both hands on the podium to keep them in one place while I speak. When I cant do that I tend to put them behind my back while I talk.

I think that's probably the answer, although he did mention that his father came over with just a slide rule in his pocket.

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 02:23:02 am »
I think that's probably the answer, although he did mention that his father came over with just a slide rule in his pocket.

First I heard that, @Emjay I thought he had a $50 in his underwear, besides what would an illiterate Cuban want with a Slide Rule?
   Maybe he knew later he was gonna have to figure out the trajectory of an assassins bullet.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2017, 02:52:16 am »
   First I heard that, @Emjay I thought he had a $50 in his underwear, besides what would an illiterate Cuban want with a Slide Rule?
   Maybe he knew later he was gonna have to figure out the trajectory of an assassins bullet.

I'm afraid Ted's Daddy stories may have been slightly embellished as time has gone by.  For one thing, how did a person who didn't speak English get into a top university.

I'm okay with it,  I have Daddy stories also.  Some of mine include my father's friendship with Temple Houston.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2017, 02:57:44 am »
I'm afraid Ted's Daddy stories may have been slightly embellished as time has gone by.  For one thing, how did a person who didn't speak English get into a top university.

I'm okay with it,  I have Daddy stories also.  Some of mine include my father's friendship with Temple Houston.

Not that unusual: 
Cruz has stated in interviews that he was jailed by Batista for several days in June or July 1957 and after he was released he applied and was accepted by the University of Texas in August 1957. He obtained a student visa[15] after an attorney for the family bribed a Batista official to grant him an exit permit.[1][2][16] Cruz said he left with $100 sewn into his underwear taking a two-day bus ride from Florida, arriving with little or no English to enroll at the University of Texas.[17][18]
(from Wikipedia)

And, UT wasn't that hard to get into not so many years ago.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2017, 03:14:21 am »

Seems that some wanted to heckle back rather than reasoned responses that often won converts to our point of view.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2017, 11:27:43 am »
So he's playing with Hope, too?

I don't think she can fit in there.....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2017, 06:03:51 pm »
Seems that some wanted to heckle back rather than reasoned responses that often won converts to our point of view.

It is a caution... Conservatives I know still do it the old fashioned way...