Author Topic: Seven Food Stamp Recipients Pleaded Guilty For Taking Part In $5 Million Food Stamp Fraud In South Carolina  (Read 629 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Seven South Carolina women who received food stamps as part of a $5 million food stamp fraud scheme pleaded guilty to defrauding the government of more than $20,000 at a store in Rock Hill.

A state court judge ruled that the women who pleaded guilty Thursday will be able to avoid jail sentences and probation if they pay back the money by December 31, 2017, the Charlotte Observer reported.

The seven women who pleaded guilty, in order of who defrauded the most money to those who defrauded the least amount, include: Jatonica Williams, 31, $5,238 in fraud; Dequitta White, 31, $3,070; Labrecia White, 24, $2,962; Shenisa Davis, 36, $2,549; Victoria Sanders, 25, $2,234; Kimberly Johnson, 28, $2,195 in fraud; and Brooke Rogers, 27, $2,134.

Johnson entered a guilty plea by herself while the other six pleaded guilty in two groups of three.

As part of the plea deal, all seven women pleaded guilty to misdemeanor fraud charges and promised to pay the money back in exchange for a 30-day suspended sentence and two years’ probation that will be dismissed if they pay the money back before the end of the year.

Read more at: http://www.libertynewsonline.com/articles/article_301_39453.php
The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

Misdemeanor fraud?  Should be a felony with serious jail time.  Wanna bet they never repay the money?

Kudos to South Carolina for breaking up this scheme.  I doubt most states, including mine, would expend the effort to combat fraud.  And we all know fraud is rampant among entitlements.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Misdemeanor fraud?  Should be a felony with serious jail time.  Wanna bet they never repay the money?

Kudos to South Carolina for breaking up this scheme.  I doubt most states, including mine, would expend the effort to combat fraud.  And we all know fraud is rampant among entitlements.

@Applewood

My guess is that to get that kind of slap on the wrist...the prosecutors must think there is a larger criminal activity going on than just this group in SC and cut these women a deal to give up what they know.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:37:15 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!