Author Topic: Who Paid For The Trump Dossier? Dems Don't Want You To Find Out  (Read 693 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
weaselzippers

[excerpt]
original in WSJ

https://www.weaselzippers.us/350990-who-paid-for-the-trump-dossier-democrats-dont-want-you-to-find-out-a-scandal-of-its-own/

Finally, someone in MSM asking the right questions and doing some real journalism.

Via WSJ:

It has been 10 days since Democrats received the glorious news that Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley would require Donald Trump Jr. and Paul Manafort to explain their meeting with Russian operators at Trump Tower last year. The left was salivating at the prospect of watching two Trump insiders being grilled about Russian “collusion” under the klieg lights.

Yet Democrats now have meekly and noiselessly retreated, agreeing to let both men speak to the committee in private. Why would they so suddenly be willing to let go of this moment of political opportunity?

Fusion GPS. That’s the oppo-research outfit behind the infamous and discredited “Trump dossier,” ginned up by a former British spook. Fusion co-founder Glenn Simpson also was supposed to testify at the Grassley hearing, where he might have been asked in public to reveal who hired him to put together the hit job on Mr. Trump, which was based largely on anonymous Russian sources. Turns out Democrats are willing to give up just about anything—including their Manafort moment—to protect Mr. Simpson from having to answer that question.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Who Paid For The Trump Dossier? Dems Don't Want You To Find Out
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 05:56:30 pm »
I'm thinking they should have asked for their money back.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:49:29 pm »
This information is already out.

The first to contract for it was one of the GOP primary candidates.  When he dropped out, it laid fallow until Hillary's campaign paid for the project to go forward.

Nobody's hiding this.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 06:52:18 pm »

The first to contract for it was one of the GOP primary candidates.  When he dropped out, it laid fallow until Hillary's campaign paid for the project to go forward.

Nobody's hiding this.

Which GOP primary candidate? Citations for your sources, please as well.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 06:54:17 pm »
Which GOP primary candidate? Citations for your sources, please as well.

Sigh.

You asked.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump–Russia_dossier
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:54:35 pm by HonestJohn »

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 07:12:52 pm »

Nobody's hiding this.

Who was that?  Don't play coy. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 07:16:59 pm »
Sigh.

You asked.

I will repeat the question. Which GOP primary candidate?

And now I will add, which wealthy operative commissioned the effort?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 07:23:15 pm »
Sigh.

You asked.

Maybe I missed it, but even that article only alleges that somebody - no names named - funded it. 

The question remains:  who are these republicans you claim got it started?

Also, even if true, the article notes that these unnamed republicans terminated the project when Trump became the nominee and that thereafter the author simply repurposed his material for the democrats. 

It doesn't say whether the entire project was complete before these nameless republicans terminated it.  That could be determinative.

Sigh

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 08:24:43 pm »
I will repeat the question. Which GOP primary candidate?

And now I will add, which wealthy operative commissioned the effort?

And what has that to do with the article?

The OP article vaguely alludes to how the Trump dossier is so sort of smoking gun to show Hillary's collusion with Russians.

The information out there shows it was a Republican primary candidate and then Hillary's campaign, which disproves that assertion.

And somehow the question now becomes 'which GOP candidate'?

Is that somehow going to prove Russian ties with Hillary?

HonestJohn

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 08:26:26 pm »
Maybe I missed it, but even that article only alleges that somebody - no names named - funded it. 

The question remains:  who are these republicans you claim got it started?

Also, even if true, the article notes that these unnamed republicans terminated the project when Trump became the nominee and that thereafter the author simply repurposed his material for the democrats. 

It doesn't say whether the entire project was complete before these nameless republicans terminated it.  That could be determinative.

Sigh

Knowing which GOP primary candidate started this dossier will be determinative in proving Russian links with the Hillary campaign?  How?

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 08:29:46 pm »
Who was that?  Don't play coy.

Oceander, you somehow think I know who paid for it.  I don't.  I just know that one of the GOP candidates did.

It's on you to explain why you think it's important to know which of them did such an ordinary thing.  (a candidate doing oppo research, oh my!)