Author Topic: Schumer Says ‘Our Founding Fathers Intended’ for Congress to ‘Improve Our Healthcare System’  (Read 593 times)

rangerrebew

Schumer Says ‘Our Founding Fathers Intended’ for Congress to ‘Improve Our Healthcare System’

Senate Minority Leaders said last night at the end of the debate over the Republicans “skinny repeal” of Obamacare that the Founding Fathers of the United States intended for Congress to improve the healthcare system.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/cnsnewscom-staff/schumer-says-our-founding-fathers-intended-congress-improve-our-healthcare

rangerrebew

What a bunch of horse hockey.  If the founders thought we should "improve our Healthcare system," they would have put it in the Constitution.  Our "Healthcare system" really didn't become a concern of government until Obamacare and the founders were long gone by that point. :tongue2:

Oceander

And this is an invitation for Trump to start doing what he has wanted to do all along: push for liberal policies. 

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I don't think Schumer would pass the test to keep him out of the looney bin.  He keeps saying things too far removed from reality.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Schumer Says ‘Our Founding Fathers Intended’ for Congress to ‘Improve Our Healthcare System’
Why yes!  Of course!  That's just what Thomas Jefferson meant when he wrote:

"Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet,
our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. 
Thus in France the emetic was once forbidden as a medicine,
and the potatoe as an article of food."
-- Jefferson's Notes on Viriginia, Query XVII (1781-1785)

This quotation is often paraphrased as:

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take,
their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls who live under tyranny."

We also have this, from Dr. Benjamin Rush, whose signature is on the Declaration of Independence:

"Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution,
the time will come when medicine will organize into an underground dictatorship....
To restrict the art of healing to one class of men and deny equal privileges to others
will constitute the Bastille of medical science. 
All such laws are un-American and despotic and have no place in a republic....
The Constitution of this republic should make special privilege for medical freedom as well as religious freedom."
-- Dr. Benjamin Rush

Quotations found at:
http://healthfreedom.info/Jefferson%20Food%20Medicine%20Quote.htm

One might argue that, since medical freedom was not explicitly written into the Constitution,
the founders decided against it.
Wrong!  A MUCH BROADER statement WAS written into the Constitution!
Consider the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, which are essentially as follows:

IX - The fact that the rights of the people are listed above
       does NOT mean that those are the ONLY rights the people have.
And:
X - The fact that the powers of government are listed by this Constitution
      DOES mean that they are the ONLY powers the government has!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline goatprairie

I don't think Schumer would pass the test to keep him out of the looney bin.  He keeps saying things too far removed from reality.
Give him enough time and he'll claim the FFs wanted the gov. to brush our teeth, cut nose hair,   and wipe our rear ends.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nothing wrong with our healthcare system, Chuckie.

What's wrong is the govt intruding into it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sbrawsm

Schumer is such a sleazeball.
The Founders created the Constitution and Bill of Rights to
keep government small. Healthcare is not a right!
Liberals are always screaming about their rights, but
when it comes to yours or mine, they try to take away
our 1st Amendment right every day.
They're coming after our 2nd Amendment right and Obama
violated our 4th Amendment right when his administration
unmasked over 100 names without warrants.
Liberals don't want us to have any rights, but they want
to make up their own rights and give them to non-citizens.