Author Topic: Shock Poll Shows Kid Rock WIth A Huge Lead In The Michigan GOP Senate Primary  (Read 2882 times)

Oceander

What good candidates?  Each of them had flaws, and the bottom line is they couldn't convince enough people to vote for them in the primaries. 

Mainly because none of them had quite the skill for telling the Big Lie the way Trump does, and too many of you people were willing to believe that Big Lie, despite the fact that you were forewarned. 

Offline Applewood

somewhat, but mostly because he said things that frustrated Americans wanted to hear and never backed down.

Trump made a lot of promises, but except for Gorsuch (so far) and a few executive orders, he really hasn't delivered.  Granted, he has been in office for about 6 or so months, but in that time, we should have seen more effort toward fulfillment of those promises.  Seems to  me he isn't all that interested in delivering on those promises.  If he was, he would have tried to schmooze congressional leaders.  He should be showing leadership.  Instead he leaves it all to a corrupt, dysfunctional congress to do the work without any real direction from the White House, then when things go wrong, he blames and berates congress.  He is spending too much time feuding with congress, the media, even members of his own staff and little time on being a real leader. 

Ok, so people believed in Trump and voted for him.  But while he may not have "backed down" from his promises in his continuing campaign stumps and on Twitter, he is also not making much of an effort to get his agenda done.   This should bother his supporters.  Why it doesn't is a mystery to me.   

Wingnut

Kidd releases his campaign theme song. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=voaGM4CMQ9c&ab_channel=KidRock

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It's not binary until the primaries are finished. 

Stop trying to duck your personal responsibility for foisting Trump on the country.  Who and what Trump was was well known before the primaries.  He didn't spring his shit on the American public by surprise after the GOP convention.

I am an open book. The fact that I have a much keener understanding of history, elections, than you dogmatic #nevertrumpers seems to completely escape you.

Your conflict is with "too stupid" voters, not with me. In reality though, they are the only voters anybody has.

I was just one little cog, who started favoring Governors Walker, or Perry.

But Trump lit voters on fire, like nobody else. Before I made up my mind to support him, I went to a rally to see for myself. Much of what the media and his opponents said was a big fat lie. I stood in line with younger and mre diverse neighbors, than had been claimed.

My analysis remains: Nobody on the GOP side except Trump, could defeat Clinton. That is my story and I/m sticking with it. 

So let me know when you discover the means, to make voters smarter. And to make other candidates more convincing. (There are some learning aids from history, like when Romney demeaned voters with his 49% portrayal.)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

One thing to be said for Kid Rock, they'll never be able to accuse him of being racist.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So when in modern history has it not been binary?

And notice that the strongest 3rd party results, were counter productive.
It's happened in the Senate. None other than Murkowski not only ran third-party but as a write-in as recently as 2010. Then there's the case of Jim Buckley, a conservative third-partier that managed to get elected in New York over both the Democrat and the Republican back in the 1970s, although this was still the era when national third-partiers like George Wallace could get electoral votes. Besides, even in this most recent presidential election Gary Johnson drew more votes than Nader did in 2000, yet he wasn't considered to have drawn much more from either side than the other.

Just because it has been binary does not mean it will always BE binary, nor does it mean that a viable third party candidate (and by viable, I mean better than the slapdash campaign like Evan McMullin tried to run in Utah) is going to be counterproductive. If that were so, we'd still be dealing with the Democrats vs. the Federalists.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

My analysis remains: Nobody on the GOP side except Trump, could defeat Clinton. That is my story and I/m sticking with it. 

Not that it matters at this point, but I  respectfully and completely disagree.   Ted Cruz would have beaten her like a drum.  Probably far worse than Trump did in fact!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 08:55:01 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Not that it matters at this point, but I  respectfully and completely disagree.   Ted Cruz would have beaten her like a drum.  Probably far worse than Trump did in fact!

I agree with you 100%.  Ted would have cleaned her clock.  She really had no ground game to speak of and failed to even make an appearance in some of the cities/states where her victory was becoming questionable.  Her lackluster performance and arrogance as a candidate lost her the election.  Then there is the issue of the Cruz v. Hillary debates; he would have made her more of a laughing stock than she already is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I expect Cuz has a long and successful career ahead in politics. Nixon lost in 1960 by a whisker and came back to win two terms.

Reagan likewise failed in his first attempt, but later came back to win two terms.

I simcerely hope that Trump and Cruz continue meeting over meatloaf, to conspire about helping America.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

I like Ted, and I voted for him in the Primary.  But just from talking to other people I know at the time,  I just don't see how Ted would have won in the General.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

And he probably would have gotten far more accomplished because he has real friends in the house and senate without the need to sow chaos all the time. We certainly would have gotten judicial nominees at least as good as Gorsuch in the same vein as William Rehnquist.

As I mentioned upthread, Pat Colebeck is the kind of people he briught into his campaign.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Kid Rock campaigned with Trump, America's last hope to turn things around. It is no wonder he's leading. He definitely has conservative cred.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Are we still debating who could have beaten Hillary?

Why aren't we focusing on the real issue, which is the unfathomable stupidity of an electorate that after giving us eight years of Obama, gave is a binary choice between the worst major party candidates in the history of the Republic?

At the end of the primary season the best that I (along with any intelligent voter) was left with was a choice between bad decisions where he deciding factor became "this buffoon wears my colors".

Who would know that Idiocracy would turn out to be prophecy?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Wingnut

To answer your question Luis.  I think people suffer from Shiny Object Syndrome.

Offline Cripplecreek

To answer your question Luis.  I think people suffer from Shiny Object Syndrome.

Apparently. Nobody seems to have noticed that he's actually not running.

Offline Applewood

Kid Rock campaigned with Trump, America's last hope to turn things around. It is no wonder he's leading. He definitely has conservative cred.

Actually, I've read in a couple of places that Kid Rock is libertarian or independent.

Campaigning for Trump does not make him a conservative.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:52:10 am by Applewood »

Wingnut

Details Details! 

Offline corbe

Music Wise, Jim McCarty of the Detroit Blues Band would be a better pick for you Michiganders. IMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkt1yULpfRE
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Details Details! 

Don't confuse us with the facts @Wingnut we're arguing theory here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

Don't confuse us with the facts @Wingnut we're arguing theory here.

Peoples!  I tells ya!  Can't learnem nuttin lol @corbe

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Including Kid Rock himself:

REUTERS (7/27/17): Kid Rock, an outspoken supporter of Republican President Donald Trump, said on Thursday that he will decide over the next few weeks on whether to run for the U.S. Senate and in the meantime will work on the "critical cause" of registering voters.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/kid-rock-may-run-for-us-senate--says-voter-registration--critical-cause--9069080
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Cripplecreek

He doesn't hate liberals enough for Trumpers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSQJ2ULuhb8