Author Topic: Shock Poll Shows Kid Rock WIth A Huge Lead In The Michigan GOP Senate Primary  (Read 2910 times)

rangerrebew

Shock Poll Shows Kid Rock WIth A Huge Lead In The Michigan GOP Senate Primary

Posted By Alex Pfeiffer On 5:55 PM 07/28/2017 In | No Comments

Popular musician Kid Rock, real name Robert Ritchie, has been flirting with a Senate run in Michigan and a poll out Friday shows him far ahead in the Republican primary and within the margin of error in the general election.

Ritchie has yet to decide whether to run for office, and released a statement on Wednesday about all the speculation in which he announced he is starting a non-profit group to encourage voter registration.

Article printed fromThe Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/28/shock-poll-shows-kid-rock-with-a-huge-lead-in-the-michigan-gop-senate-primary/

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Name recognition will do that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

Don't knock it.  That's how Trump became president.

Offline MajorClay

Buh Bye Stabencow

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Its also not a race anyone has given any real thought to at this point.

Personally I prefer Pat Colebeck but he's announced a run for governor. State attorney general Bill Schuette would be another formidable candidate.

I personally like Kid Rock. He's a far better American and man than Trump but still not what we need in Washington. He should keep doing what he does best and continue promoting America and Michigan because he does those things honestly unlike Trump.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Last I read Kid Rock has decided against running for the Senate and has formed an organization to promote voter registration. I love his music and he is an extremely talented musician.  I have watched several interviews of him and not only is he a uniquely talented individual but seems to have a heart of gold as well.  Though he is very patriotic and conservative in the political sense, his first devotion is to his music, but it is obvious he is unsettled just as we are with the political landscape before us.

https://www.kidrockforsenate.com/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cripplecreek

Last I read Kid Rock has decided against running for the Senate and has formed an organization to promote voter registration. I love his music and he is an extremely talented musician.  I have watched several interviews of him and not only is he a uniquely talented individual but seems to have a heart of gold as well.  Though he is very patriotic and conservative in the political sense, his first devotion is to his music, but it is obvious he is unsettled just as we are with the political landscape before us.

https://www.kidrockforsenate.com/

We've got some really stellar people in Michigan government right now who came in with the tea party wave.

SOS Ruth Johnson who has fought tooth and nail for the integrity of our elections. She even fought the governor over her putting a checkbox on our ballot application attesting to American citizenship and legal voting status (Federal court shut that down). Her efforts are why we are asked for a picture ID when voting. She stood on the steps ofher office and faced several hundred protesters demanding driver's licenses for DREAMers. She told that that Barrack Obama created your legal limbo and she had no intent of breaking Michigan law to clean up his mess so they should take their complaints to him. (They wanted licenses because they felt targeted when asked for ID to vote)

State senator Pat Colebeck is running for governor. He's been the leading idea man on creating patient/doctor centric health care/insurance solutions. Things like allowing doctors and patients enter private agreements to self insure. Say for $10 to $20 per month directly to their doc, a patient has vaccines, office visits, and minor procedures the doc takes care of them free of further charge. Doctors and patients could also scale the level of cost vs coverage up or down as they agree.
Colebeck is also a very solid education reformer. Obviously a supporter of school choice and charters but also wants to eliminate social studies and return to teaching geography and civics. He wants to testing on constitutional proficiency as a requirement of graduation from high school.
Pat Coleback was campaign chair of Ted Cruz in Michigan which brings the support of Ted Cruz. Most of us Cruz supporters figured a 4th place finish would be optimistic but were pleasantly surprised by a strong 2nd place finish largely due to the help of Pat Colebeck which shows support among those in state govt.

Attorney General Bill Schuette is probably the most "insider" of them all but is a very solid constitutional federalist. He fought for Michigander's right to self determination on gay marriage right down to the day the US supreme court chose to write and impose federal law on all of us. His belief in the state and US constitutions are put above his own beliefs as shown in his support for the Detroit unions in the bankruptcy fight despite his own opposition to them. He's also been a very vocal supporter of laws that oppose and diminish federal power in Michigan. (MI refuses to aid in the enforcement or prosecution of a growing number of federal regulatory laws)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Dang, beat me to it.  :beer:

???? I really fail to see the humor.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Yep. We've been sliding down that slope faster than Mike Judge predicted. We already have Mountain Dew.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
???? I really fail to see the humor.

Watch the movie Idiocracy next time it is on. It is prophetic.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Don't knock it.  That's how Trump became president.
somewhat, but mostly because he said things that frustrated Americans wanted to hear and never backed down.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

somewhat, but mostly because he said things that frustrated Americans wanted to hear and never backed down.

He did tell a lot of lies, that's for sure. 

Offline Cripplecreek

He did tell a lot of lies, that's for sure.

While the ones who told the truth were trashed by the Orange snake oil salesman because the others didn't have magic elixir that could fix everything.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
While the ones who told the truth were trashed by the Orange snake oil salesman because the others didn't have magic elixir that could fix everything.

Must be the first time in history a politician has done that.  A eureka moment
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

HonestJohn

I have this three point plan to fix everything!

1. I have this guy, Not Sure.
2. He's got a higher IQ than *ANY MAN ALIVE*.
3. He's going to fix *EVERYTHING*.

-

Not too different than saying that one hires "only the *BEST* people'...

Offline dfwgator

I have this three point plan to fix everything!

1. I have this guy, Not Sure.
2. He's got a higher IQ than *ANY MAN ALIVE*.
3. He's going to fix *EVERYTHING*.

-

Not too different than saying that one hires "only the *BEST* people'...

"I never seen no plants grow out of no toilet."

Oceander

Must be the first time in history a politician has done that.  A eureka moment

Regrettably, no.  But it's rather ironic that most of the same people who spent 8 years berating their fellow voters for swallowing the Obama swill merrily drank the Trump swill when it came their turn.  Kool aid is kool aid, whether it's served to you by Obama or by Trump. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Regrettably, no.  But it's rather ironic that most of the same people who spent 8 years berating their fellow voters for swallowing the Obama swill merrily drank the Trump swill when it came their turn.  Kool aid is kool aid, whether it's served to you by Obama or by Trump.

Obama was/is a traitor.   Trump isn't.

Certain my there were some who drank to koolaid.   Saying you support the President and like some of the things he's done doesn't make you a cool aid drinker.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It is binary.

Nixon or Humphrey? Nixon or McGovern?

Ford or Carter?

Reagan or Carter? (anybody remember 3rd party protester John Anderson)

Reagan or Mondale?

GHW Bush or Dukakis?

GHW Bush or Clinton? (Perot protest might have cost Bush the election)

Clinton or Dole?

GW Bush or Gore?

GW Bush or Kerry?

McCain or Obama?

Romney or Obama?

Trump or Clinton?

You will observe the winner, and next President was ALWAYS one of the two major party's candidates.

Two examples of 3rdparty impacts, by frustrated voters:

First Perot drew many frustrated Republicans, and likely cost them the election.

Second Nader drew many frustrated liberals, and cost them the election.

In both cases, frustration led to emotional protests, which yielded contrary results.

Democrats seem to have wised up. By the sound of this group, the GOP not so much.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

It is binary.

Nixon or Humphrey? Nixon or McGovern?

Ford or Carter?

Reagan or Carter? (anybody remember 3rd party protester John Anderson)

Reagan or Mondale?

GHW Bush or Dukakis?

GHW Bush or Clinton? (Perot protest might have cost Bush the election)

Clinton or Dole?

GW Bush or Gore?

GW Bush or Kerry?

McCain or Obama?

Romney or Obama?

Trump or Clinton?

You will observe the winner, and next President was ALWAYS one of the two major party's candidates.

Two examples of 3rdparty impacts, by frustrated voters:

First Perot drew many frustrated Republicans, and likely cost them the election.

Second Nader drew many frustrated liberals, and cost them the election.

In both cases, frustration led to emotional protests, which yielded contrary results.

Democrats seem to have wised up. By the sound of this group, the GOP not so much.

Sorry, but no, it wasn't.  There were plenty of good candidates for the nomination, but you people let yourselves get so blinded by desperation that you bought the Orange Grifters lies and drank his kool aid to the bottom.  Now you want to force the rest of us to share the bitter lees with you through false argument. 

If the Trump worshippers had used the common sense God gave them in the  primaries, we wouldn't be in this circus. 

It was only binary after you made it so, therefore, you and the other Trump worshippers bear the blame for it. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Sorry, but no, it wasn't.  There were plenty of good candidates for the nomination, but you people let yourselves get so blinded by desperation that you bought the Orange Grifters lies and drank his kool aid to the bottom.  Now you want to force the rest of us to share the bitter lees with you through false argument. 

If the Trump worshippers had used the common sense God gave them in the  primaries, we wouldn't be in this circus. 

It was only binary after you made it so, therefore, you and the other Trump worshippers bear the blame for it.

So when in modern history has it not been binary?

And notice that the strongest 3rd party results, were counter productive.

There have been several astute books, about why-how Trump won. Rehashing it with a theme of blaming it on his voters, does nothing to reverse the entire reality taken together.

Ask yourself: Why did voters essentially REJECT mainstream politicians, for Trump?

There has been nothing in the first 6 months, to change that assessment. They are weak, ineffective, part time schemers.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

What good candidates?  Each of them had flaws, and the bottom line is they couldn't convince enough people to vote for them in the primaries. 

Oceander

There have been several astute books, about why-how Trump won. Rehashing it with a theme of blaming it on his voters, does nothing to reverse the entire reality taken together.

Ask yourself: Why did voters essentially REJECT mainstream politicians, for Trump?

There has been nothing in the first 6 months, to change that assessment. They are weak, ineffective, part time schemers.

It's not binary until the primaries are finished. 

Stop trying to duck your personal responsibility for foisting Trump on the country.  Who and what Trump was was well known before the primaries.  He didn't spring his shit on the American public by surprise after the GOP convention.