Author Topic: McCain to return to Arizona for chemotherapy and radiation  (Read 2042 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain to return to Arizona for chemotherapy and radiation
« on: July 28, 2017, 08:49:49 pm »

By LOUIS NELSON

07/28/2017 03:00 PM EDT

Fresh off of casting one of the decisive votes to sink his party’s latest effort to repeal Obamacare, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) will return to his home state to undergo treatment for brain cancer.

“In accordance with the guidance of his physicians, Sen. McCain is returning to Arizona to undergo further treatment at Mayo Clinic,” his office said in a statement Friday. “On Monday, July 31, he will begin a standard post-surgical regimen of targeted radiation and chemotherapy.”

McCain will maintain a work schedule during that time, his office said, with plans to return to Washington at the end of the August recess.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/28/john-mccain-cancer-treatment-chemotherapy-241099
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: McCain to return to Arizona for chemotherapy and radiation
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 08:50:23 pm »
Must be nice to have a good health plan, eh John?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 01:32:20 am »
His type of cancer; glioblastoma is a very aggressive form of cancer. 

McCain's type of brain cancer vexes doctors, but emerging therapies are on the horizon

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/30/glioblastoma-mccains-type-brain-cancer-vexes-doctors/523246001/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 01:52:34 am »
   What a sad little man and me being a Veteran of the same era, I don't say that easily.
   Noone here could have possibly believed he wouldn't screw the GOP, again, and especially Trump, who likes people that have never been captured, if given the opportunity.
   He's been a pain in the Ass for a long time and being Chairman of the Arms Services Committee during this whole VA debacle, is a bridge to far, for me.

He owns the Arizona GOP, just as Cornyn owns the Texas GOP, these SOB's are entrenched, though Cruz upset everyone's plans in TX, it's seems increasingly rare.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 01:57:43 am »
Must be nice to have a good health plan, eh John?

When they finally discover my cancer...I should be so lucky.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 02:02:37 am »
Too bad he couldn't have started his treatment this past week. 

I am not happy with McCain, but in all fairness, the failure to repeal is not his alone. 

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 02:05:40 am »
That makes no sense! When you calculate his age, the costs, and the potential outcome . . . oh wait. He's the ruling class.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline anubias

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 04:18:44 am »

I am not happy with McCain, but in all fairness, the failure to repeal is not his alone.

His glee at screwing Americans is his alone.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 04:34:28 am »
Whatever. McCain is dead to me. Guy just goes around like a little teenage punk trying to do a FU on everyone.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 04:44:43 am »
Whatever. McCain is dead to me. Guy just goes around like a little teenage punk trying to do a FU on everyone.

He's the media's darling when doing that. And he enjoys it.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 05:30:03 am »
That's nice.  Fry some more of his brain, and dope him up.  Send him back to DC and give him a swing vote. 

Nothing but the best for America, folks.  Nothing but the best.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 05:52:43 am »
   Dr. Krauthammer believes all this flying around is not good for Sen. McCain and HUD Secretary, the brilliant pediatric Surgeon, Dr. Ben Carson would probably agree.
   Where is that guy anyway, heard hardly a peep out of him?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 04:16:40 pm »
That's nice.  Fry some more of his brain, and dope him up.  Send him back to DC and give him a swing vote. 

Nothing but the best for America, folks.  Nothing but the best.

His mental status will continue to decline-but does that even make a difference? He is a malicious little man.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 04:30:07 pm »

Perhaps not, but he made a conscious effort to grandstand and do the thumbs down before the cameras like a Roman Emperor.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 04:34:03 pm »
   What a sad little man and me being a Veteran of the same era, I don't say that easily.
   Noone here could have possibly believed he wouldn't screw the GOP, again, and especially Trump, who likes people that have never been captured, if given the opportunity.
   He's been a pain in the Ass for a long time and being Chairman of the Arms Services Committee during this whole VA debacle, is a bridge to far, for me.

He owns the Arizona GOP, just as Cornyn owns the Texas GOP, these SOB's are entrenched, though Cruz upset everyone's plans in TX, it's seems increasingly rare.

We'll see just how entrenched Cornyn is in a few years!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 04:47:24 pm »
His mental status will continue to decline-but does that even make a difference? He is a malicious little man.

He votes liberal more often than not. I believe he's kept an 'R' next to his name on the ballot so he can screw the American people and the GOP.  He's going to now have to answer for what he's done in a very short while.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 05:58:51 pm »
We'll see just how entrenched Cornyn is in a few years!

I think a lot of entrenched Pubs are going to start wondering about job security. All it takes is 3-5% of conservatives and 3-5% of populists not voting for the Pubs to swing a lot of States or districts over to the Rats.

After selling us out on repealing obamacare what's the point in voting for them.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 06:02:10 pm »
I think a lot of entrenched Pubs are going to start wondering about job security. All it takes is 3-5% of conservatives and 3-5% of populists not voting for the Pubs to swing a lot of States or districts over to the Rats.

After selling us out on repealing obamacare what's the point in voting for them.

Cornyn will hang around as long as the Pubbies hold the Senate. 2018 looks safe, 2020 may be a tossup. He was just reelected, so he's not up until 2022. By then he'll be in his 70s, and he may decide to retire.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline bilo

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 06:13:34 pm »
Cornyn will hang around as long as the Pubbies hold the Senate. 2018 looks safe, 2020 may be a tossup. He was just reelected, so he's not up until 2022. By then he'll be in his 70s, and he may decide to retire.

Just a month ago the conventional wisdom was the Pubs would pick up 5-6 seats in the Senate in 2018. Now, odds are they will hold the Senate but I wouldn't bet on a huge number of pick ups and in 2020 when a lot of Pub seats are up I would bet there are better than even odds the Rats get the majority. I would suspect the same trend will hold for the House as well.

There is no away around it, the Pubs had a once in a generation opportunity to implement what their supposed beliefs are. We've now seen with the healthcare fiasco that their professed beliefs are really lies of convenience.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 06:34:25 pm »
Just a month ago the conventional wisdom was the Pubs would pick up 5-6 seats in the Senate in 2018. Now, odds are they will hold the Senate but I wouldn't bet on a huge number of pick ups and in 2020 when a lot of Pub seats are up I would bet there are better than even odds the Rats get the majority. I would suspect the same trend will hold for the House as well.

There is no away around it, the Pubs had a once in a generation opportunity to implement what their supposed beliefs are. We've now seen with the healthcare fiasco that their professed beliefs are really lies of convenience.

They were dragged into their half hearted version of repeal by Cruz and other conservatives. Their hearts really lie on doing the bidding of their masters at the Chamber of Commerce: tax reform, i.e. lowering taxes on business. Unfortunately, we won't see tax reform on the scale of Reagan's '86 tax reform, which made individual tax filing much simpler.

I'm afraid we'll only see a few tweaks, just in time to avoid a shutdown over other unfinished business.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline bilo

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 06:43:01 pm »
They were dragged into their half hearted version of repeal by Cruz and other conservatives. Their hearts really lie on doing the bidding of their masters at the Chamber of Commerce: tax reform, i.e. lowering taxes on business. Unfortunately, we won't see tax reform on the scale of Reagan's '86 tax reform, which made individual tax filing much simpler.

I'm afraid we'll only see a few tweaks, just in time to avoid a shutdown over other unfinished business.

The Rats smell blood. They will force a govt shut down to twist some concessions from the Pubs. It doesn't even matter if the concessions are that big. The Rats are great at messaging. The message they are going to push is they really should be in charge since the Pubs can't get anything done.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 06:44:22 pm »

By LOUIS NELSON

07/28/2017 03:00 PM EDT

Fresh off of casting one of the decisive votes to sink his party’s latest effort to repeal Obamacare, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) will return to his home state to undergo treatment for brain cancer.

“In accordance with the guidance of his physicians, Sen. McCain is returning to Arizona to undergo further treatment at Mayo Clinic,” his office said in a statement Friday. “On Monday, July 31, he will begin a standard post-surgical regimen of targeted radiation and chemotherapy.”

McCain will maintain a work schedule during that time, his office said, with plans to return to Washington at the end of the August recess.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/28/john-mccain-cancer-treatment-chemotherapy-241099

He's a crazy old bird, but a tough old bird.  It might take either a silver bullet or a wooden stake ... not that I'm recommending those choices.

I hope he can recover but I wish he would resign.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 06:47:37 pm »

Cruz managed to do that against all odds.  He was a virtual unknown and his opponent was well-known and endorsed by the Mob.

But as the song* goes, "Where in the world is another man like him, till we see Lee (or Cruz) again."

*The ode to Robert E. Lee

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 06:49:08 pm »
When they finally discover my cancer...I should be so lucky.

I probably have as good a health plan as McCain.  A lot of people do.  He also has money.

Unfortunately, neither thing can save a person from dying.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 06:52:26 pm »
Perhaps not, but he made a conscious effort to grandstand and do the thumbs down before the cameras like a Roman Emperor.

He totally did that.  It was an impressive display of guts and gall but sometimes pure dee meanness gives people strength.