Author Topic: The White House has become the craziest reality show on TV  (Read 853 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The White House has become the craziest reality show on TV
« on: July 28, 2017, 01:43:24 pm »

News
The White House has become the craziest reality show on TV

By Bob Fredericks

July 27, 2017 | 7:37pm | Updated

In the latest episode of “Survivor: White House,” the West Wing descended into chaos Thursday, as President Trump and his top aides turned on one another like vicious reality-show divas — with no one sure who would be the next to get a knife in their back.
see also

The most jaw-dropping development came when communications chief Anthony Scaramucci launched into a vulgar tirade against White House chief of staff Reince Priebus in a phone call to a reporter late Wednesday.

“Reince is a f–king paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci ranted at Ryan Lizza of the New Yorker.

more
http://nypost.com/2017/07/27/the-white-house-has-become-the-craziest-reality-show-on-tv/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: The White House has become the craziest reality show on TV
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 01:49:26 pm »
“Reince is a f–king paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci ranted at Ryan Lizza of the New Yorker.

Nice attack on Trump, who chose him.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:27:04 pm »
I think most of us have recognized the reality TV feel of this presidency.  Unlike Trump's most rabid sipporters, however, we are not entertained.  Until the Apprentice, many people had little to no idea who or what Trump was.  But for many watching the show, that didn't really matter so long as they were entertained, and with The Apprentice, Trump entertained his fans very well.   Unfortunately, entertainment does not translate into results in a presidency.  It does not make Trump a good president.  I believe that Trump is finding out that his reality TV presidency isn't really working out.  All the manufactured drama of this reality TV show does not mask the fact that this presidency, apart from Gorsuch and a few other good accomplishments, is becoming a stunning failure.  His alleged agenda is mostly not getting done.  With all the drama,  he had created an atmosphere of hostility and lack of cooperation, both inside and outside the White House, and such an atmosphere bogs down any effort to get things done. 

We can blame the failure of Obamacare repeal on congress and rightly so.  But what about Trump's role in all of it? Actually, as far as I can tell, apart from whining on Twitter, he hasn't done anything to get  repeal passed.  I hear he had dinner with Scaramucci and Sean Hannity, of all  people.  Fine.  But when did he get together with congressional leaders to talk about Obamacare or any of his other agenda items?  As president,  he should have some input into these matters.   Looks to me like he has done nothing but blame congress when  any effort to get what he wants fails. 

People might say he's only been in office 6 or do months and to not expect miracles.   True, but I should think that in this short amount of time more could have been done had he stopped creating so much drama and got busy working with people to get what he and those who voted for him want.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:27:20 pm by Applewood »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 03:05:27 pm »
Won't be long before Mooch turns his F Bomb tirade on Bannon.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 03:06:21 pm »
Won't be long before Mooch turns his F Bomb tirade on Bannon.

Did you not hear it? He said something extremely vile about him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 03:09:29 pm »

Did you not hear it? He said something extremely vile about him.

I missed that.  The only stuff I've see has been the vitriol directed at Pribus.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 03:11:23 pm »
I missed that.  The only stuff I've see has been the vitriol directed at Pribus.

Decorum prevents me from posting it here but if you seek it out you can find it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 03:15:16 pm »
Decorum prevents me from posting it here but if you seek it out you can find it.

I'll do that at lunch.  Thanks for the heads up.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 03:16:51 pm »
I've never watched The Apprentice.  Just had no interest.  I'm losing interest in the trainwreck in DC.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 03:21:42 pm »

He suggested that Bannon is trying to orally "satisfy" himself.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 03:22:27 pm »
He suggested that Bannon is trying to orally "satisfy" himself.

Wow that's classy.... **nononono*

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 03:24:55 pm »
I haven't forgotten where Trump first made a name for himself in the early 80s.

He was a willing participant all over tabloid TV like "A Current Affair"

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 03:27:27 pm »
I've never watched The Apprentice.  Just had no interest.  I'm losing interest in the trainwreck in DC.  **nononono*

Aye...

Offline Idiot

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 03:50:20 pm »
It's now time.........   Impeach him NOW!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 04:00:47 pm »
We can blame the failure of Obamacare repeal on congress and rightly so.  But what about Trump's role in all of it? Actually, as far as I can tell, apart from whining on Twitter, he hasn't done anything to get  repeal passed.  I hear he had dinner with Scaramucci and Sean Hannity, of all  people.  Fine.  But when did he get together with congressional leaders to talk about Obamacare or any of his other agenda items?  As president,  he should have some input into these matters.   Looks to me like he has done nothing but blame congress when  any effort to get what he wants fails. 

The whole expletive laden Scaramucci interview was ugly. Even so, if he can clean up the leaks and straighten out the WH, more power to him.

What you wrote here is what's bothering me. Trump seems to be sitting off in a tower, detached and isolated right now. Same crap Obama did. This isn't going to cut it , he needs to get engaged and start pushing back on Congress.

At this point it doesn't look like he's going to.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:01:27 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 07:08:53 pm »
The whole expletive laden Scaramucci interview was ugly. Even so, if he can clean up the leaks and straighten out the WH, more power to him.

What you wrote here is what's bothering me. Trump seems to be sitting off in a tower, detached and isolated right now. Same crap Obama did. This isn't going to cut it , he needs to get engaged and start pushing back on Congress.

At this point it doesn't look like he's going to.

I think he's unclear on the concept of three branches of the federal government. He's bought into the meme that he's the "Boss", instead of the head of only one of the three branches.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 07:17:40 pm »
I think he's unclear on the concept of three branches of the federal government. He's bought into the meme that he's the "Boss", instead of the head of only one of the three branches.

Some folks seem to have a mental block and are unable to grasp the concept that Sacramucci is himself a long time swamp dweller and has no intent of draining the swamp. His whole reason for being there is to act as a swamp hitman to silence anyone who thinks about stepping out of line.